Thursday, March 6, 2008

True or False?

I went to my regular doctors appt. yesterday. Everything looked good and my doctor said he was very pleased with how everything was progressing. I have had some blood pressure issues in the past, but it's been great all through this pregnancy. So here's the thing- I had lost 3 pounds from my last appt. 2 weeks ago. I didn't think much of it until I was at my friend Janell's and we were talking and she says "My sister lost weight the week before she had her baby." The it hit me. I lost 4 pounds the last appt. I had before I had Addison. Is this just a coincidence or is there some truth? Do some people loose weight right before they have their baby? I googled it last night and found a link that said that some womens bodies, in preparation for childbirth, loose a few pounds. It seems to be a combination of amniotic fluid and other strange random things.

Here's my question: Have any of you heard of this happening? I figured if it was common, my dr. would have pointed that out. But sometimes, we girls have more experience in these areas!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of it, but if it's true with you, you are having a very early baby. That's a good thing, right? Take care. It's greta to hear about your kitchen. Can't wait to see it!

Amber said...

If this is true, Im jealous. My boys like cooking in my belly. Gavin was a 7 days late and Grant was 5 days late. But no this has never happened to me. Good luck, and you better keep me posted!

Brooke said...

In my last weeks before Ellie was born I had times where I gained no weight. I was shocked since I ate everything I wanted at whatever hours I wanted! I wouldn't worry about it too much. :)

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of such a theory. I wish it was true. I never lost weight before having a baby. Although this could just be the way your body reacts to preparing for delivery. LUCKY YOU.

SUMMER said...

No- I always seem to gain. Lucky you!!!

Holly O. said...

I lost a few pounds with both my babies!!!!!

Ashley Park said...

Never lost a pound.. not even an ounce! I seem to gain more and more the closer I get! I would feel good about that, however, I think you might want him to cook a little longer :)

Jenn S. said...

Yep - it was only a pound or two for me with both pregnancies and I think I promptly went and ate 140000 calories or whatever it takes to gain a pound just because I could! I think it means that baby brother's arrival is near! :)

Holly O. said...

I was induced with both, so I am not sure I am a great one to talk. But I did lose a couple pounds with both within the two weeks before each of my boys were born. GOOD LUCK!!!