Friday, March 28, 2008

The Kitchen- finally

I know, I know- it has taken me forever to put pictures up of our new kitchen. It seems like there was always something- dishes out, camera battery dead, no computer, etc. Well, the stars are finally aligned and here are the long awaited pictures. We are definitely enjoying our new kitchen and floors. It still doesn't seem like OUR kitchen, but we are all moved back in. The boys love it and give anyone that come over- a full tour. Jacob especially loves our new pull out trashcan and the flip down drawer underneath the sink- for holding sponges. I must say thank you to my wonderful husband for a brand new kitchen. I know that even though it's "our house"- this project was really for me. Thanks honey! Enjoy!

BEFORE:

This is the only before (post demo) picture I have. Sorry Aaron!
Before picture of white tile counters

Demolition
Our big helper



Here's a good before shot of our nasty floor- plus 2 cute kids


Try to ignore those cute, chubby feet- here is our lovely, old tile floor. The tile was in the entry, hall and bathroom. Yuck!

Before shot of our family room- as they were taking out the wood floor. This is the one point where I though we had made a huge mistake. It was such a mess and I just wanted to rewind and have our old (although clean) floors and kitchen back!

AFTER:

New tile (in downstairs bathroom) and new wood (hall.)



Ta Dah-here it is. . .


New island- we bought 5 barstools and we sit here all the time now. We even all sit down for breakfast together- I love it!



Our new sink and faucet


My favorite- pull out drawers. No more lost food and dishes! Especially convenient when bending over a large, pregnant stomach.

13 comments:

Heidi said...

Ooooh...does look nice! Totally jealous here!

Any news?!?!?!

Marcie said...

Everything looks beautiful, Danielle! Perfect timing too since you could have baby Carter any day now. I can't wait to hear all about his arrival and see pics! :)

Ashley Park said...

Its lovely! What a fun thing to have it all done and a new baby coming!

Julia said...

you have amazing taste! i LOVE all the new things! what a great idea will the pull out drawers. thanks for posting pics!

Brooke said...

I LOVE it... I can't wait to come see it and the new baby. I hope it's sooner rather than later. :)

Jeff and Kandis said...

I absolutely love it! Great improvement.I love the colors too!

warrensweetsix said...

That looks great! Good job Aaron! Don't you love doing home improvements?! We have been in our home now for 2 1/2 years now and it seems like like Scott is always finding something to fix or change for the better. I only wish I took "Before" pictures.

Holly O. said...

Gorgeous!!!

Pricilla said...

Looks so beautiful. Granite is such a luxury!

Anonymous said...

I love it. It looks great. I cant wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! It's beautiful! Good luck with everything. :)

Julie said...

It looks great! Enjoy!

Melissa Marilyn said...

I love the hardware and the new sink especially. What a fun improvement! Love you and miss you!