Thursday, November 29, 2007

Just give me 2 minutes

What in the world is going on in my house??
Let me tell you about my afternoon- please, I need to vent for just a couple minutes.

So, first of all, I go outside to check on my boys- plus my friends kids that I was watching. Lucky me, my little boys have figured out how to turn a bucket over and unlatch the gate that goes into the side yard (which leads to the gate to the front yard.) So after I herded them all back to the appropriate part of the yard, I go back out a few minutes later only to find that they have done it again and are now strategizing with long branches to unlatch the second gate to get to the front yard. Wow- I was ticked! They got in serious trouble and I even threw away a Christmas present. . . while they were watching. (I know it sounds really mean, but it's not. Trust me, they had been naughty all day and had been warned several times that Santa is making his list and little boys who don't listen will not be on the "nice" list.) So they were pretty upset with me, but I stuck to my guns and didn't give the toy back, like I usually cave in and do. A little while later Jacob comes screaming into the kitchen. He is yelling that his cheeks hurt so bad and that the paint in the playroom is hurting him. What?? Did you scratch your face on the wall? How can paint hurt you? Never got the answer to that but he was hysterical and after holding and rocking him for several minutes he finally calmed down. But, his cheeks were bright red- strange. Then I go upstairs to get Addie up from her nap and dang it- I can tell she's sick. You know what I mean- hot face, eyes look funny and she won't let me put her down. Then Aaron calls to say that one of his residents at work is drunk (I mean 3 WHOLE bottles of Vodka) and he's waiting for the police to show up. So he'll be late. I take all the kids to the playroom to keep them busy until Dad gets home from work. The playroom light is unplugged (courtesy of Tyler) so I ask him to please plug it back in. For the first time of the day, Ty actually listens and goes to plug in the light and BAM- the light explodes and I hear this loud pop and my son is screaming and his hands are covered in black! He got electrocuted!! I scooped him up and ran him to the bathroom because his hands were burning and he was shaking so hard from the pain. So now all 3 of my children are upset and hungry and wanting to be held. So I get everybody settled in on the couch to watch Scooby-Doo so I can get dinner done. Aaron gets home and we sit down for dinner and before my first bite, Addison throws up ALL over her high chair and her dinner. Yum. Aaron and I team up and get her (and the high chair) cleaned up and in the bath. (it's right next to the dining room so we can hear her playing) We sit back down to finish dinner and a few minutes later send Jake into check on her and the next thing we hear is "OH. . .MY. . .GOSH!" The rest of us jump up and run in there and low and behold- she pooped in the tub! Everyone was laughing including her and she kept pointing to it saying"poo-poo!" in a very proud voice.

Needless to say, everyone had a very early bedtime tonight. So there you have it. Sorry, it was longer than 2 minutes, okay a lot longer. But writing it all down was kinda fun, because now it makes me laugh. Actually, I just read this out loud and Aaron and I were laughing so hard we were both tearing up. (mainly at the "oh my gosh" from Jake- you had to be there!) Although I may not be laughing tonight when I'm up with a puking child.

(remind me why I'm having another baby- when I already have 3??!!)

10 comments:

Holly O. said...

Oh man. We all have days like thatk, although yours sounds worse than most! Glad you and Aaron could laugh about it. Is everyone feeling better today? And being pregnant, you must have been really grossed out with all the bodily fluids going on!

Julie said...

Don't ya love days like that??? I hope everyone is doing better today and that you were able to get some sleep last night.

Emily said...

OH DANIELLE!! Thank you for the wonderful laugh!! It was an empathetic laugh though. Wow! What a crazy day. There is nothing like a poop in the bath tub to end a rotten day! I hope today is better for you.

queenieweenie said...

Danielle...I don't miss those day! I had WAY too many of them. The good and the bad news-They grow up!

Pricilla said...

Wow, that is a crazy day. I can definately relate to that. Its like they have secret meeting about how they can all do naughty things the same day. I swear they are plotting against us!!! Can't help you with the #4 question, I wonder that at times too:)

Anonymous said...

The reason you are having #4 is because you know you need to, plain and simple. And I must agree with Allison in saying that I definitely do NOT miss those days. They really do grow up and it gets faster and faster. My kids are living proof of how fast. You forget days like this just as quickly as you forget what it's like to be pregnant or to have a new baby. I sure hope we have perfect memories along with our perfect bodies after the resurrection so that we can always remember days like these and the days that we truly enjoy also.

Melissa Marilyn said...

Thanks for the laugh and the perspective. I am glad that you are able to laugh about it now! Whoa, man.

Rachel Garces said...

I had a day similar to that yesterday as well. They seem to happen more often the more kids you have. I'm glad you can laught about it, i'm not there yet. We totally need to get together. How funny that we live so close. I'll be emailing soon, nick took my laptop to a dj dig.

Julia said...

i'm sorry but this totally made me laugh! but when i put myself in your shoes...i was tired! haha. thanks for posting this. i love the everyday adventures of other moms.

Marcie said...

Danielle! What a crazy day- I'm so sorry. I bet you were so relieved to end that one!