
First of all, they have great produce. Everything is fresh and yummy. The Vons that I shop at is always clean and even looks pretty inside. It's very aesthetically pleasing. They haveStarbucks inside- which is very convenient for those nights when grocery shopping is the only break from the kids- the perfect time for a little peppermint hot chocolate. They have always have plenty of stock and always carry the brands that I like. They even sell edible flowers- for that rare occasion when you need to decorate a chocolate covered cheesecake for your sisters bridal shower. But the best part. . . the customer service! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Every employee greets you and asks if they can help with anything. I was there recently and asking the produce guy about the watermelons. He whipped out his knife and cut me out a chunk of the watermelon- so I could decide for myself if it's what I wanted. If we are there and the kids are fussing, the produce guy has actually cut up an apple for the kids to quiet them down. Are you kidding me? I'm sold! What prompted this post was what happened last night. I finally got to the store at about 9 pm. I was tired- really tired, you know- where your back and feet are killing? Anyway, after they bagged my groceries the nice clerk asked me if I needed help out and after apologizing for being a wimp, I said "Yes, please." So the bagger helped me out and then the clerk walked out with us (he was getting off work) and before I knew it, they both were unloading my groceries for me. And not only did they do it, but they were so friendly and helpful.
I know I could find lower prices and a closer grocery store, but I am true blue (or red) for Vons. What grocery store do you love? Or maybe that's just a bizarre question and most people don't "love" their grocery store? Whatever- try Vons, I know you'll love it too!
5 comments:
When my kids were little I would spend HOURS going up and down the aisles at VONS and Target, of course. It's a great time to "have" to be away. So relaxing w/out kids. BTW, yours are gorgeous! And congratulations!
Danielle - I don't know if you remember me. We were in your parents ward in San Juan and we hung out a few times. My name, Rachel Garces, at the time a had a little girl named Sydney. We now have three. 2 girls and 1 boy. Your family is so beautiful and growing. I am so glad to find old friends from San Juan. I would love to keep in touch with you guys. Congrats on the latest addition to your family.
Rachel Garces
Rachel, Of course I remember you! I've thought about you guys over the years and wondered where you are. I can't believe you're in Chino- we are in Ontario! We're neighbors! Leave your email on my blog so I can get a hold of you!
we are really excited for the new HEB that opens here in three days. I think they are only in Texas. This is a gourmnet version of the store..like a worldmarket type thing. my mom and i are counting down to go...so i totally know what you mean!
oh yes, of course! When Marc and I were living in South Provo I would drive clear up to North Orem, just so I could shop at Harmon's I loved them, especially their drive-up system where you would pull your car around and they would load the groceries in your car for you.
And then, don't even get me started on how much I love Trader Joes and how them not having stores in Texas is one of the worst things about living in Texas.
Nowadays I *love* super target, mostly because of how clean and organized it is and how convenient it is to be able to get everything I need in one trip.
Post a Comment