In other news, Aaron's cousin Jenna, passed away early Sunday morning. It's been quite sobering and upsetting to have gone through this week, wondering how she was doing each day and hoping that we wouldn't get "that" call. Unfortunately, we did on Saturday night. She had taken a turn for the worse and things were looking very grim. We will be leaving tomorrow morning for Dallas to attend her viewing and funeral. Wow, it makes me emotional just to write that. No one should have to attend a funeral for a 17 year old girl.
The events of this past week have made me quite reflective. The realization that something this horrible can happen to such an amazing, wonderful family is so scary to me. Really, really scary. Everytime I look at my kids my heart just clenches and my stomach turns over. I can't imagine the pain that their poor family is enduring right now. Then a few weeks ago, my good friend from college, Jenn, lost her mother. (she wrote the most beautiful post about it on her blog, sorry it's private- although I wish you all could read it.) These two events have really forced me to stop and change my thinking. I am trying really hard to ENJOY my kids, instead of just doing all the many things I need to get done each day. When all 3 of my babies are having meltdowns and crying, I am trying to laugh instead of scold. When they emptied out the whole container of new baby shampoo during bathtime and then disentigrated the empty toilet paper tube in the tub- I tried to smile and take a picture instead of spanking their little wet bottoms. The thought shakes me to my core, but you really NEVER know when something will happen. Each day that we are all together is such a blessing and I know I need to be more appreciative and grateful for ALL my blessings. Life goes too fast to always be saying no and trying to make things perfect.
So, on that sad note-- once again, I hope there are happier and brighter things in the future for my blog! Although we are missing Halloween with the kids (which I can barely stand to think about- I'll start crying again for sure), Aaron and I are going to TRY to enjoy these few days with each other and with his family. It's not ideal circumstances for a get-away, but like I said, I am trying harder to be thankful for what I have. For now, I am just unbelievably thankful for these 4 blessings- and of course the little one on the way!
7 comments:
Oh Danielle, that was so sweet and touching! Thank you for sharing. I've been so worried about you and I'm so glad for this post. Our children are blessings and we shouldn't take them for granted. I need to be better at enjoying them. Love you!
Im so sorry Danielle!! My sincerest condolences! This was a wonderful post!
Danielle- I am sick about this! Your blog was so true about how things can change so quick. We really so need to cherish every moment with our kids!!! I am so sorry. That sweet family will be in my prayers. Also- we should meet up at that Cafe Rio knock off in Chino Hills sometime soon!
Dani, I am so sad for you and your family. It never seems fair for someone so young to go so soon. I am grateful for the reminder to savor each day and each moment that we share with others. Love you.
I'm so sorry to here about Jenna. I stumbled upon your website from Curt and Kim's (my brother Wade is good friends with Curt, they played baseball together at BYU) anyhoo, my husband works for NAHC and mentioned he thought your husband used to work for them.
Another crazy connection, my sister and I were talking on the phone (she is a nurising student at BYU) and she started talking about her friend from Texas (Joe/Joseph Sigety?) who was just coming home from his sister's funeral. It sounded so familiar...I had been checking the updates and had been thinking about and praying for this family I didn't even know, but couldn't get out of my mind. Anyway, it's strange how small the world can seem at times. Thanks for helping me to pause and think about what is most important.
I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Life does change so fast, I will keep your family in my prayers. We should get together when you are feeling up for it. Thanks for your sweet post to help remind me to keep things in perspective.
Hi, this is Amy again. I just got your message on my blog. You got it right. My husband works for NAHC. (It sounded confusing with all the connections the first time I wrote it.) He was an AIT when your husband went with Plum so we remember seeing his name on a list of admin. we used to look at to speculate where we would be assigned. You probably remember how it goes, being pretty much in the dark about where you will have to move at a moments notice. It's all kind of a long story....my husband was hired the fall of his final year of law school, so he had contact with Scott (while he was still with NA) Curt and a few others at the corporate office. Anyway...we are in the greater Sacramento area. You have a beautiful family and it looks and sounds like you have a great time with one another. (:
Post a Comment