Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tyler Update

Sorry it has taken so long to give you all an update. This is seriously the first chance I've had to sit down and blog for a couple minutes.

So the ER really wasn't that bad. There was no wait and we were the first called back. They were so sweet to Tyler and he was cute. He was kinda nervous, so he stuck close to me, which I loved! The doctor pretty much told us that he didn't think the dilated pupil was due to head trauma. FYI: a dilated pupil from head trauma means serious problems. If that was the case, you would be in a coma, ready to call it quits. Obviously, Tyler wasn't experiencing those problems. So he figured it was from his little accident that morning. He was going down the slide and when his legs hit the bottom, his knees buckled and his head hit his knee. Who knew that could cause such problems? They finally decided that his knee must have his his actual eye and caused some trauma to the eye, resulting in the dialted pupil. So they had him go to the ophthalmologist this morning just to make sure everything still looked fine. And, of course, it did. I didn't mind taking him, but let's be honest, I was a tiny bit bugged that we had to sit there for an hour and a half (during preschool time!) when I knew that they would tell me he was fine and send us on our way. Oh well, one of those things that you have to do as a mom! They did dilate his eyes (thus they stylish shades below) so he opted to skip school today and hang out with mom. So, thanks for your concern. He's healthy and happy and busy as usual.

8 comments:

Melissa Marilyn said...

Whoa-so scary! I would hate to not know what is wrong and then hang out in the ER. I am relieved that Tyler is okay. What are your kids going to be for Halloween?

Julia said...

oh gosh i'm glad everything is okay. we have someone in our ward whose son was having eye problems- turns out it's a brain tumor and he's having surgery tomorrow. so i'm so glad to hear tyler's eye is okay and it's not anything worse!

Pricilla said...

I am so glad Tyler is okay. Wow, you have had a lot of little scares. We haven't had any emergency room drama quite yet.

Erinn said...

Phew!!!!! That was a scary moment! Im so happy that everything is alright! Great pic with the shades!! I love the thumbs up! So cute!! :)

Jenn S. said...

Glad everything was okay! I think you guys have done your "er" duty for your lifetime now right? :)

How adorable is Tyler?

Kim said...

So glad that he is fine! I lived in the ER as a kid and for a little tike there's nothing worse.

SUMMER said...

So glad he is OK!!! I hate scares like that but they do make you appreciate your kids more. Life is so precious!

Holly O. said...

I got your comment about Jenna. What is going on? We haven't heard anything!