Monday, August 13, 2007

What do you do on a boring Friday afternoon?

1) You make silly faces! Last week the boys and I were a little bored. We were sitting in the family room trying to think of something to do, so I decided to teach them how to make a silly face by making their hands like a mask and then putting it over their eyes. I never realized how difficult this task is and how much coordination it takes, until I tried to teach a 3 and 4 year old how to do it. It was so funny and I was trying not to laugh (at them)! Tyler got it after a few tries, but I really had to break it down step by step. He was so excited he kept running into the bathroom to look. Jake never quite got the concept down. Oh man- it sure made for some good entertainment!
This is how it's supposed to look. . .
Tyler did it!
Good effort Jakey!

2) You play computer games! It's so funny to watch these 2 play computer games. For some strange reason, Jake is satisfied to just watch Ty play and never bugs to play himself. He is always very encouraging and supportive of Tyler. Their faces are hilarious. Here are a few of my favorite sites for preschooler games:

*Treehouse TV
http://www.treehousetv.com/kids/index.asp
(Bruce on the Loose is my favorite game!)

*Hot Wheels (younger kids need help with these games, but they're fun!)
http://www.hotwheels.com

*Playouse Disney
http://atv.disney.go.com/playhouse/games/index.html


4 comments:

Emily said...

Hey! I have that shirt that you are wearing! Danielle, you are such a good mommy! I'm always looking for fun things to do. Hotwheels and Playhouse disney websites both have a short cut icon on our desk top but I'll have to check out treehousetv--thanks.

Pricilla said...

You guys are hilarious! I will have to go to these sitens and get them in my favorites. Check out Starfall.com. It is great for learning to read. Dallin also loves thomasthetankengine.com

Julia said...

cute, cute, cute. the picture of jake made me smile. i second what your friend emily said...you are such a great mom!

Marcie said...

So cute! We love sesameworkshop.org and noggin.com for preschool games. It's great to know of others out there as well!