Well, I'm sitting here in my living room, not feeling so great and the house is quiet. Aaron broke his shovel this morning and evidently he needed a new one, today, so off went the boys in search of a new shovel. I was going to be really clever and starting last Wednesday-I was going to post 5 things a day that I had learned in my twenties. Since I usually do my blogging at night when the kids are in bed- yeah, that didn't work too good. Night's are the worst for my stomach problem, so when the kids went to bed this week, so did mommy.So, no clever countdown- instead just a few random thoughts.
10 years ago, this August, I was. . .
* still patiently waiting for my super hot missionary to get home (1 year down, 1 to go)
*working at Viking Components in Ranch Santa Margarita, CA
*taking correspondence classes so I get could my grades up enough to get into BYU
*graduated from Ricks, now living with my parents
*feeling very awkward with my life- I wasn't where I wanted to be
*shocked that I was actually 20!
A few things that I have realized over those past 10 years. . .
*waiting for that missionary was definitely worth it!
*being a mom is way more fun that I ever imagined and way harder than I ever thought
*I'm doing the best I can
*how to not sweat the small stuff
*I"m who I am today because of my parents
*good friends are worth their wait in gold
*I really do like sushi
*life is not a destination, it's a journey
*nothing stays the same
*now that I have children, the gospel means more to me than ever
*laughing with your spouse is the best medicine
*if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!
*how to bloom where I'm planted
I think that about does it. I'm sure there's more, but I must go hunt down some ginger ale. It's been a good 30 years and I wouldn't trade any of 'em!
Thanks to all you sweet friends and family for the cards, gifts, email and phonecalls. Every single one brought happiness to me today and was just like a hug from far away! XO
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Danielle Son!! I wish we could have talked longer today! I hope that you had a great day because today 30 years ago, one of my dearest friends was born and I'm a better person today because of you! I love you!
Happy Birthday! It is amazing how you think you know it all when you are twenty and that was really so young still. Life really begins after that. Have a great celebration ;)
Happy Happy Birthday Danielle Dear!
Hope you had a wonderful day (and that Aaron got his shovel so that he was able to get back to celebrating with you!)
Big Hugs from us to you . . .
Happy Birthday, Danielle! I enjoyed reading your "reflections." :)
P.S. What is your email, so I can get that info. for you?
Happy Birthday Danielle!! I loved the post. I hope it was a great day for you!!
Happy Birthday Danielle :)
Here is a quote from one of my friends, she says it every year on her birthday and you should feel the same:
30 years ago today God decided to make this world a better place, so he blessed it with my divine presence!
;)
Post a Comment