I'm in desperate need of some advice. I have terrible morning sickness and I don't know what to do! Of course, just waiting it out is not an option! I must do something- today.Here's the deal. I was not sick at all with the boys. I got sick with Addie, someone told me about Unisom and it worked wonders. No more yuckies! So last week when I started to get that yucky feeling I thought to myself "No big deal, Unisom to the rescue." Well, I was wrong- no such luck this time around. I have tried all the ginger remedies, eating before I get out of bed, keeping something on my stomach, etc. Nothing is working! I talked to the nurse yesterday and she called me in a prescription and that's not working either.
If you've tried anything that works, anything at all, even if it's eating lemons while standing on your head, please do share. I am willing to try anything at this point. My poor husband and children are also begging for any intervention. They are tired of seeing their make-up less and crazy-haired mommy/wife laying around all day. Thank you!
8 comments:
That's just no fun at all!!! So sorry you're feeling yucky. I never really had a bad problem with nausea. But, I've heard that B-12 with unisom has worked for some. However, I am all for laying around the house makeup-less from one couch to the next and just letting things go until it passes. Sometimes that's just what ya gotta do. And that's OKAY!
My poor friend! I wish there was a quick fix that I knew about. I was really sick with Matthew and nothing seemed to work. Thank goodness it ended after the first trimester. I wish I could come over and help you out!
ok danielle, listen up. i think i am the QUEEN right now of morning sickness (although i puked morning, evening, afternoon, mid afternoon...yeah). guess what. there is no cure. sometimes you just have to go through it. i remember one saturday that i seriously didn't get out of bed, not once, unless i was running to the toilet. this is what helped me: i had saltines and ginger ale by me at all times--literally. and that's about what i ate for a month. when i started to feel slightly better, i moved on to eating chicken noodle soup in the afternoon. i didn't eat dinner. so basically my diet for two months consisted of saltines, ginger ale, and chicken noodle soup. prayer helped. i think we're both having girls, what do you think? sorry this is a novel, but i hope you know that i LITERALLY feel your pain. and i love you. and you'll make it. if you need anything, let me know and i'll mail you something STAT. or call ani--she helped me and continues to help me everyday with great moral support, as i'm sure you know. i believe in you. ok i'm done writing, i'll leave space for others.
You guys are all so sweet. Wendi, first I hated you (cuz you didn't have to deal with this) but now I love you because you gave me permission to rotate couches and go make-up less. Emily, I wish you were here, too! That alone would make me feel better. And Jenna, are you feeling better? Maybe I don't want to know! Just kidding, I hope you are. And you're right- sometime there's nothing to be done- just get through one day at a time. Yuck- happy birthday to me! :-(
I am suprised that the Dr. perscription didn't help at all. Give it a few days, maybe it will take the edge off. Other than that I feel your pain too, that is the worst part of pregnancy for me. I wish there was a magic potion. I wonder if you are having twins! Maybe it is another girl. It is so wierd that you weren't sick with the boys, and now you are. I am just sick no matter what when I am prego. On the other hand, I only take comfort in the fact that if I feel sick, that probably means things are going well for the baby. Soooo Sorry Danielle!
Oh Danielle, I am so sad to hear you are so sick. I wish I had a quick fix remedy for you. You were always the one I called to ask for help, and now I can't think of anything to help you. So, I will pray for you to get over it soon. Maybe this means Addie will get a sister? Call me if you need some support. :)
Hey Danielle, Kandis Froebe (aka Mount) I got your comment but we have been out of town. Your family is darling and congrats on the pregnancy. I'm sorry you are feeeling bad. I would take ginger pillstwice a day and diet on saltines and 7up. That helped me at least! Good luck.
Kandis
oh sista. I am so sorry. I wish I had some advice in this area. Good thing you have a lot of friends who have gone though this before!
Post a Comment