Monday, July 30, 2007

Sunday

Ahhh- the sound of silence. ALL my children are sleeping- I can post in complete peace!

Yesterday my big boy Tyler gave his first talk in Primary! He's the more reserved of the 2 boys and he wasn't very excited to do it at first. As he was whining and crying about it, I wondered, "Oh no, how do I handle this? Do I be sweet and say okay you don't have to do it or do I put my foot down and make it happen?" Well, knowing my son, I decided to put my foot down and be sweet. So I persisted and he finally gave in and he did a wonderful job. What would you have done? Is it bad that I bribed him, just a little? I just can't believe I have a child old enough to be giving talks! I am so proud of my little man.

My sister and her husband came to church with us to watch Ty and then they came over afterwards for dinner. We had chicken caesar sandwiches, pasta salad, watermelon and corn on the cob. It was a yummy summer dinner! Auntie and Uncle Matt teach my kids all kinds of crazy stuff. Whenever the boys are with them and then come home, they say the funniest things. Then I'll say who taught you that, I don't even know why I ask anymore because the answer is always, "Auntie." Yesterday we were blowing raspberries and taking pictures of it. It was pretty funny!




We finished the night with some delicious dessert. It is this yummy chocolate, caramel bar thingy that is quite scrumptious. You must try it! Here is the recipe. It was a nice Sunday and days like this remind me why we moved back to S. California, I love being close to my family!!
The boys picked some apples while I was making dinner.Now Tyler keeps bugging me to make apple pie, I hate apple pie!

An Addison sandwich!

2 comments:

Pricilla said...

I think bribery is a huge tool, totally okay thing to do. I heard of a family that would celebrate each time a kid gave a talk by putting them up on the table and everyone gathering around them at home afterward and having snack sized candy bars in their honor. A cute idea I will have to remember! Glad it went well, what a big boy.

Anonymous said...

He did such a great job! Mom did a good job showing the pictures too! LOL Seriously adorable family!
Wendi