Monday, April 13, 2009

addie beth

Happy Birthday Miss Addison!

(photo by my super talented sister, Ani)

Yes, we have had another birthday in our family. Addie turned 3 a couple weeks ago and party, we did!

At her request, we had a tea party with the ladies in the family. My mom, Ani, Megan, Debbie, Kate, Addie and I all had a lovely tea party on Sunday. We excused the boys and had apple juice, Cheez-It's (her favorite) and apples. We dressed up and were very fancy. Then we all had dinner together- celebrating Carter and Addie's special days. We opened presents and enjoyed some yummy birthday cake. On Monday, we snuck out for a couple hours and went to Build-A-Bear. She had fun creating her first bear- named Brittany. At times like these- I am SO thankful to have a girl!!!
The princess.

The princess getting instructions from the" queen tea-partyer."





I love my little lady. She is a fireball- and definitely knows her place in the family- the only girl with three brothers! Addie loves tea parties, dressing up, playdough, helping me in the kitchen, taking care of Carter, reading books, her grandparents, jumping on the trampoline and of course, her monkey (her white blanket.) She is a great sleeper, still taking a 3+ hour nap every afternoon. She is doing great in nursery and is looking forward her graduation to Primary and also to preschool next year. Her hair is still as curly as ever and her eyes are a beautiful blue. I get stopped constantly when we are out- with people asking me/commenting about her hair. People also say that she looks "just like Shirley Temple!" Well, I AM her mom- but I think she is pretty darn cute!

I love you Goose. Happy 3rd birthday. You are my sunshine. I prayed so hard for you and I am thankful every day to have a daughter just like you- I am blessed to be your mommy!

7 comments:

Melissa Marilyn said...

She is SO SO SO darling! I love her pink stole. I love tea parties too. I'm so glad that you have a girly girl!

Joanna said...

What a fun party idea! Love it!!! Boy, you have been busy with birthdays this month- I think you need a rest.

Anonymous said...

Addie is soooo cute! Hailey and I were going to give her a build-a-bear. Maybe we will get her some accesories!

Heidi said...

she does look so cute an good pictures. and its so funny, we are doing build a bear for ella's b-day too.

ashlee said...

Wow...they grow up so fast! You are always so creative with the fun things you do for holidays...it makes me tired just thinking about it! I am glad you got your girl...I feel the same way about my boy...I think everyone has to have both to appreciate all the differences!

Chris and Debbie said...

Cute pics! I'm so happy we could be there for the tea party! Addie is sooo cute!

Marcie said...

She IS adorable and I love her fancy tea party attire!