We did the annual New Years Eve dinner at Rainforest Cafe with the kids. This year the Lackey's and Eschers joined us. They do a fun celebration for the kids- with a "knee-high"buffet that includes all the kids favorites. Then we went home and put everyone to bed and headed over to our friends new home- for a little "adults-only" get-together. We played the Wii, chatted and enjoyed some yummy food. It was a fun day and we really enjoyed spending most of the day with the kids and then sneaking our for some grown- up fun, too. We sure feel blessed to have so many great friends where we live!
Carter-man's shirt says "I may be small- but I rock."
Family picture at Rain Forest Cafe- notice Addie's shoes and my cardigan. We fit in perfectly with the animal theme.
We also hosted the 4th annual Youth New Years Eve Waffle Breakfast. We started this tradition after Aaron was called as YM President. After the youth New Years dance, the kids head over to our house (at midnight) for waffles, bacon and OJ. They are a great group of kids and I really enjoy having them here.
Our awesome bishop- he comes every year and brings his spotless waffle iron. I hate using it because I am so worried I am going to get it dirty. I actually windex-ed it when I was done- I've never even done that to my own waffle iron!
4 comments:
Such an awesome tradition with the YM/YW! Love it.
I'll bet that the YW/YM think you guys are the coolest! How fun!
sounds perfect! you wore the perfect sweater to the rainforest cafe!
I love the new year! It looks like you guys had a perfect start! Have a wonderful year! I loved your New Years card!
Post a Comment