If not, here you go. Pack a cup with flour. Turn the cup over on a cookie sheet or plate. (I put the plate on top of the cup and then turn the whole thing over.) Then set a penny on top of the tower. Now each person takes a turn with a butter knife and cuts away a slice of flour. The person who knocks the tower down has to find the penny in the flour, with their mouth!! It was so fun and we all got a good "flour-y" laugh out of watching each other sticking our nose in a pile of flour. Try it!!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Flour Power
We are always looking for new games for family night. A couple Mondays ago I was racking my brain for fun games I played as a kid and I remembered the "Flour Tower." So fun!! Do you remember playing this as a kid?
If not, here you go. Pack a cup with flour. Turn the cup over on a cookie sheet or plate. (I put the plate on top of the cup and then turn the whole thing over.) Then set a penny on top of the tower. Now each person takes a turn with a butter knife and cuts away a slice of flour. The person who knocks the tower down has to find the penny in the flour, with their mouth!! It was so fun and we all got a good "flour-y" laugh out of watching each other sticking our nose in a pile of flour. Try it!!

Warning: Please DO NOT laugh or breathe in hard while your face is in the flour. The consequences are not pretty.

I love Jake's face in the picture below- priceless!
If not, here you go. Pack a cup with flour. Turn the cup over on a cookie sheet or plate. (I put the plate on top of the cup and then turn the whole thing over.) Then set a penny on top of the tower. Now each person takes a turn with a butter knife and cuts away a slice of flour. The person who knocks the tower down has to find the penny in the flour, with their mouth!! It was so fun and we all got a good "flour-y" laugh out of watching each other sticking our nose in a pile of flour. Try it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I don't think we played that when I was a kid. I think they used all the good games on you.
Looks fun.
Wonder if I could get Matt to play with me???
That's great! Keep sharing those ideas with us. I love them.
I love Jacob's face when you are in the flour!
I so totally remember doing that. I forgot about it though. Thanks for the memory. I have taught me kids chinese writing, the magazine game, and Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
That does look like fun! I'll keep it in mind!
Post a Comment