Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Valentine(s)

I am super sneaky!!

At the beginning of last week I covertly contacted Aaron's good friend, that he works with, and had him set up a "Business Lunch Mtg" for Friday. Instead of finding his work buddies there- it was me instead! Surprise! At his place was an envelope that said, "Your bag is packed and your schedule is clear for the rest of the day- Your all mine for the next 24 hours!" We enjoyed our yummy lunch (sushi at Ken's- where else??) and then we headed off on our adventure. He really had no idea where we were going!

Our bed and breakfast is the while one up on the bluff- with a full view of the ocean.


The view- lovely!

We drove to Dana Point and checked into the Blue Lantern Inn. We have always wanted to stay there- but never got around to it. I think our 12th Valentine's Day together was was the perfect reason! That afternoon it was rainy and cloudy- which I loved. Perfect for the cozy fireplace! It was freezing, too! That night we went to the mall and walked around and ate at Cheesecake Factory. Then we watched a movie in our room. The next morning was beautiful- sunny and chilly. We enjoyed the buffet they provided at the bed and breakfast and then walked around down at the harbor. We ended our romantic weekend with a trip to Home Depot to pick out a new front door. We must be getting old! I thought it was fun though- just me and my hubby strolling through Home Depot- no rush and no kids.

When we got home Aaron worked on our car (another post in itself) and I put a Valentine's dinner together for the fam. We ordered spaghetti from our favorite local Italian restaurant and opened a few small presents. Aaron had tickets for the hockey game that night so he took the 3 older kids and Carter and I snuck out for our own Valentine's date. A little shopping at the mall with my sweet baby was the perfect way to end a perfect weekend.

4 comments:

Chris and Debbie said...

That is so awesome! What a wonderful surprise for Aaron! It sounds like a perfect Valentine's Weekend! How nice to be able to spend it with the two of you in such a beautiful place! And your dinner table was so cute! You're so creative and thoughtful!

Ani said...

You ARE super sneaky!
I love being sneaky, it is the best! And I love to be surprised, but I am so sneaky that I always find out surprises..
Lets go play at the big park soon.

Ani said...

Oh, and your little get away looked really fun.
I could totally benefit from one of those!

Ani said...

Oh, and, i wanted to make your super yummy cookies tonight, but we had no butter. BLAH.