Saturday, December 6, 2008

Zoodle


My mom bought us this book set last year. We pulled it out this year, along with the decorations. We read it together a couple nights ago. It is the cutest thing ever! I absolutely love it and so do the kids! The story is that this little elf (an adorable little stuffed elf comes with the book) appears every morning somewhere in the house. Each morning the kids have to find his new "spot." The elf keeps on eye on things all day. Then at night he flies back to Santa and reports. The book explains the elf rules very well: no touching the elf or he loses his magic, the elf doesn't talk but he listens very well, etc. My kids race downstairs in the morning to try to find Zoodle (that's what they named him) and I have found them talking to him- tattling on their siblings or telling him of their good deeds. Jake is a little scared and cautious but still very enthusiastic. Tyler is totally into it. They just about took Addison's head off when she tried to touch him today. Poor girl, they yelled so loud it scared her to death! They thought for sure his magic was gone. but we explained that toddler touching doesn't count, because 2 year olds don't understand like big kids. It worked and they forgave her. Zoodle is serious business around our house.

Here is the link if you're interested. I HIGHLY recommend it. If your kids are little and you're looking for a new tradition, this is perfect. Maybe even wait until after Christmas and you could get it on sale!

4 comments:

Pricilla said...

that is sooo cute! How fun, I am totally gonna get one.

Amber said...

I LOVE IT! I'll have to get one next year. Gavin should be a good age by then.
Also, I know you guys have done gingerbread houses. We are going to try that for the first time this year. Im excited for that.

Tanya Smith said...

What a cute idea. We had a similiar tradition in my family with a little stuffed animal called a "womble". Some old lady made it for my dad when he was on his mission in London. When we decorated the tree someone would get the task of placing womble somewhere inside the tree. He would watch over the family during the Christmas season. We would always argue over who's turn it was to place womble in the tree. Good times!

S. Tallman said...

Your mom is a very smart and good grandmother! What a fantastic idea for a Christmas tradition with the little ones! Love, Aunt Suni