Here are a few of my holiday favorites this year:
THE TREE
We started off at the Christmas tree farm to cut down out own tree. As we were wandering around looking at trees we glanced at a price tag- $175 for a 10-11 foot tree!! What the? We've been going there for a couple years, but they were never this expensive. So we let the kids do some rides and took off. This little ride here-- it cost $15.00- what a rip off!
So we ended up here- where our beautiful 10 foot tree cost $79 instead. Love Home Depot!

DECORATIONS
Addie was a big helper while the boys were at school.

Here's Zoodle in his new location for the day.
Here's the result of Aaron's many hours outside.
I love my mantle-it's so fun to decorate. My favorite, favorite thing are the HANDMADE stocking that Aaron's grandma makes for everyone in the family. They are so precious to me and every year when I get them out, it makes me so thankful that she worked so hard on them. We love you Grandma- thank you, thank you, thank you! (she's a faithful blog reader!)
My parents came out tonight and we had a yummy dinner: baked potato soup, homemade bread and green salad. We decorated the tree and then turned off all the house lights and had chocolate chip cookies and candy cane cocoa, while Grammie told stories and we looked at the tree. What a magical night!

CUTE KIDS
Lately I've been obsessed with this little guy. Just can't get enough!
Do you love these jammies? Tonight it was hard to not eat him right up. He's scrumptious.

Okay I guess the rest are cute, too.
(sad that this was the best picture out of many.)

There's so much going on at this time of the year, but I love the feeling I get when we're all home together and the lights are shining and everyone is happy and excited. It's hard to not be thankful and to feel so blessed. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!
8 comments:
It looks so great! We finished our decorating yesterday and it is so nice to enjoy it now.
This is Katie-you commented on my blog-
Your kids are so cute, and it is a lot of fun to see kids the same age as mine! My baby just got his first tooth this morning...I am sure I will blog about it as soon as I get a picture of it! : )
I am from Southern Cali too, right outside of LA, from Downey. Which part are you from? My husband and my family all still live down there.
Sorry-on my comment I meant mine and my Husband's family still live down there! My Husband is here with me-thank goodness! : )
Yeah, we are in Henderson right outside Las Vegas. We have only been here for a year and a half. We really like it, but we miss our family.
Wow. Three months and a tooth. That is funny. My youngest was five months. How many teeth does you baby have now?
As for my daughter, she is a crack up. She is a very fine line of "tomboy" meets "pampered princess"! LOL She loves girly stuff (Princesses, babies, My Little Ponies), but she will not hesitate picking up a Hotwheel, Transformer, or Power Ranger to join in a good battle. She is a lot of fun, with a silly personality, but definitely higher matinence then my boys were.
*People always says, "Oh, poor thing. You will have to watch her brothers with her." And I am like, "Yeah right! She gives them a run for their money!"
Oh I love,love love Carter's jammies. And I am jealous of those larger than life stockings. So cute!
Thanks for tonight! The End. Im not going to get mushy or else Im going to cry. Love ya girl!
I am so impressed! You guys go alll out! Aaron, I must say, that may be the best decorated house I've ever seen! It's amazing! (I'm also amazed at how green your grass still is. You don't really get a break from watering and mowing do you?) I love all of the decorations and the Elf game looks like it would be perfect for your kids! How fun! It would be so funny to see them telling on each other and confessing and trying to be good. Carter is just getting cuter and cuter! His eyes are so beautiful!!! You guys are such a wonderful family!
what a perfect night! your house looks fabulous.
I love those kids...I had such a great time with you and I'm so glad I came! We need to do it more often. And I love all your decorations!
Your home looks so festive and Carters pj's are the cutest things! You are right, you are VERY blessed. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment