Sunday, June 1, 2008

Carter's Blessing Day

We blessed our little Carter a few weeks ago on Sunday, May 3rd. It was such a fantastic day and we had lots of family that came for the special day. Aaron's whole family traveled to be there. His parents came from Milpitas, sister and family from Imperial and brother and family from Vacaville. Most of my family and relatives were also there. After the blessing everyone came back to our house for brunch. We had quiche and muffins from Marie Callendars and fresh fruit and OJ. All the cousins had a blast playing outside, wrestling, catching bugs, fishing at the lake and mostly, playing with the Wii. Thanks to everyone for traveling so far- we love you all! What a great day!

After all our company left, Aaron's mom stayed for another 7 days. It was so wonderful to have another pair of hands to help out. She is so great with the kids and helped with everything: diapers, cleaning, cooking, laundry, babysitting- the list goes on and on.

(The outfit Carter is wearing is the same one that both Tyler and Jacob wore for their blessing days. It was a little big for him, but I love that they were all blessed in the same special outfit. The boys kept asking "Why is Carter wearing a dress?")

3 of the girl cousins- cute Hailey, Addie and adorable Paige.
All the boy cousins.
The whole gang- Edmonds and Bewseys!
Our little family.
Before church.
A little baseball anyone? These kids got some great exercise playing the Wii!
Crazy Aunt Marlina!
Isn't she adroable? Gotta love that hair and huge grin! (Paige- 11 months)
Catching bugs- this activity kept those boys busy most of the afternoon.
Uncle Lance (Aaron's brother, can you tell?) and cousin Andrew.

7 comments:

queenieweenie said...

Blessing days are so fun to celebrate. Your family is sooo beautiful!

Ashley Park said...

Your kids are all so darling. You must be a Saint with all those little ducklings. I am slightly freakin' out over just adding one more to my mix!

Emily said...

Jacob looks so adorable in his blessing outfit! I love how all the girl cousins had matching dresses. That is too cute. What a fun day! I love how you had bought everything from Marie Calenders. I'm going to make a note to myself to consider that. It is always crazy having so many people over to feed, you might as well make it a little less stressful on yourself so you can enjoy it too! What a smart mama you are.

Emily said...

Oops! I meant Carter! I'm sorry, I'm almost 9 months pregnant--my brain has disappeared. Hopefully it will come back someday, although I'm not too optimistic!:)

Erinn said...

Cute Pics!! Emily had her baby girl!!

Jenn S. said...

So wonderful. I have tears in my eyes just thinking how wonderful it is to have so many family members support such a wonderful day! Isn't it great to be loved? :)

He looks darling (of course!)

primaballerinakiely said...

That was a really fun weekend!!! I had tons of fun with everyone! I love and miss you! Tell Jacob, Tyler, Goose, and Carter I said Hi!