Any chocolate lovers out there?? (If you are being good/healthy, don't read on)Well, it's your lucky night! I happened to stop by Coldstone last night and they have a new yummy flavor. It's Ghiradelli Chocolate and it's to die for! It is so much better than their regular chocolate. It's only in stores for a limited time- until April- which works out perfect for me, since I won't be pregnant anymore- and Coldstone will have to be a faint, fond memory!
The above picture just happens to be my favorite flavor- German Chocolate Cake.
Good thing I got to indulge last night, because the first bad news about our remodel came today. Well, the first of a few "bad news's." We got some bad info and come to find out, the floor is supposed to be laid after the cabinet's, not before. So my well laid plan was blown to pieces. Then we got a call from Home Depot and the wood floor we special ordered is in China somewhere and won't be here until Feb. 9th. Excuse me, but that little sign on the display specifically says "Will Arrive in Your Store in 7-10 Days!" Hmm- but since we ordered it on Jan. 21st, that equals 20 days, not 10!! You can bet I was on the phone with the HD manager- of course pulling the pregnant card, and using words like "unacceptable" and "disapointed" and "you need to fix this right now!" Long story, short- he's working on it. Then when we were finalizing our plans for the cabinetry tonight we found out that the window needs to be in before anything else. Not good since it's going to be another 7-10 days before the window arrives. Ahh- this is not going as planned. I finally decided to stop trying to control and calendar everything and just roll with the punches. Let's just say that I'm not very good at "rolling". I like to have everything written down and planned. So- I'm going to practice my patience and wait for some phone calls tomorrow. I am going to roll!
6 comments:
Shoot- we went to Coldstone tonight. I wish I would have ordered that. Sounds yummy! Next time!!!
oooh, you have tickled my pregnancy senses too. I know what we are going to do for date night. I remember doing the exact same thing with planning everything on the calendar everything falling through a lot. I think your new plan is good even though it is sooo frustrating. You can do it! btw, we laid our floor first and later found most people do cabinets first.
i'm soo like you with the organization thing. i hope they're able to get that floor in for you so things can move forward. and yum yum about coldstone- it's my absolute favorite!
Ugh - I'm not very good at "rolling" either! Come to Texas and stay with me until it's all finished - then it can all be unveiled to you like on an episode of "design design" - all perfect and ready to go!
Oh Danielle! Bummer!! You TELL Home Depot, girl!!! Well if this is any consolation, you threw one rockin' shower last night. You are fabulous!
OOOOH Danielle!! My soon to be "Mother of 4" friend. I think this is just the beginning of learning how to 'roll with it'. I really feel for you and I hope that everything moves along more smoothly so you have a few weeks of peace before your sweet little one comes!!
Post a Comment