Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007

My mind has started to wander into 2008- resolutions, things to do on the house, new baby, kindergarten, summer vacations, etc. But before I get ahead of myself, I wanted to take a minute and reflect on 2007. Since blogging, my hand written journaling has become non-exsistent, so I wanted to make sure to have this written down. Here are my 10 favorite memories of 2007- in no particular order.

1) Bewsey Family Cruise- March
For my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary, we took a cruise to Mexico. It was so fun for the whole family to be together, besides our kids, everyone was there.

2) Boys Starting Preschool- September
The boys starting preschool was bittersweet for me. Of course I was thrilled that I would have some time each week with just Addie and to get things done without them, but we also started down a path that we will be walking down for a long time. . . school! Overall, it's been a great experience and I'm so proud of them. They are doing terrific and learning a lot.

3) Addie's First Birthday- March
My little girl turned 1 on March 22nd. We had a BIG family party at our house. I loved every minute of planning, baking and decorating for that day. From her dress, to the homemade polka dot cupcakes to the hundreds of paper dots I cut out and hung from fishing line off the back patio- it turned out just the way I had imagined it. (this is not her b-day dress, pics are on other computer).
4) Ricks College Roommate Reunion- April
My dear roommates from Ricks and I all met in Las Vegas for the weekend! What a blast. We stayed up way too late, laughed way too hard and had the best time. Can't wait until 2012!

5) Edmonds (Rowe) Family Reunion- July
Aaron's family has a reunion every 2 years at Bear Lake in Utah. We missed the last couple times due to newborns and Aaron's work. We were determined to make it this year and we are so glad we did. What great memories we have of hanging out at the lake, water skiing(tubing), family dinners, and most importantly of Jenna. Aaron's cousin, Jenna, passed away in a car accident 3 months after that reunion. I am so thankful we had the chance to see her, visit with her and spend time with her.

6) Positive Pregnancy Test- August
No matter how many times I've taken a pregnancy test and it's come out positive (more than once for each pregnancy!) I still feel like I won the lottery. You'd think at some point those 2 little lines would loose their excitement, but so far they haven't. After battling infertility with our first, I am so thankful that we have been blessed three healthy children and the Lord continues to bless us!7)4th of July
One of my favorite holidays! Strange that I like it so much, because I actually really don't like the summer- but for some reason I love the 4th. Plus, one of my favorite photos of Jake and I are from that afternoon.8)Tyler's 1st Talk in Church- July
I know that it happens to all kids, but watching Tyler give his first talk in Primary made Aaron and I both emotional. We were so proud of him and he did such a great job. What a big boy!9) Christmas- December
I loved all of the holiday festivities, but my favorite memory was going to Victoria Gardens to see it snow. They have this great outdoor mall here and during the month of December it "snows-" every night in the town square area. Don't laugh- you cold weather people, but being from CA, this was magical for my kids. I loved the Christmas music playing, the cold weather and warm jackets and the excitement in the kids eyes. It was even better that my grandma had just flown in that day and was able to be there with us.
10) Best Friends
It has been really fun to watch my boys grow up together this year. The transtition from 2 and 3 year olds, to 3 and 4 year olds- has made a big difference. They have become such good buddies and do everything together. My favorite thing is to find them asleep in the same bed at night. It's happening more frequently and I couldn't be happier that they love each other so much. It was a little scary having a 6 month old and finding out I was pregnant, but even more frightening was finding out it was a boy! Now that I know what a treasure their relationship is, I wouldn't trade Jake in for a girl anyday!
As I write this, more and more memories come to mind: being kidnapped by the "girls" in my life -for my birthday, Palm Springs with my family, beach trips with the kids, Disneyland countless times, lots of big family dinners, I could go on and on. . . Consequently, along with those memories comes the realization of so many blessings. I realize I couldn't do any of these things with out my wonderful husband. He has been blessed with a great job and works so hard to provide a comfortable life with us- which enables me to stay home with my kids and for that I am thankful for every day. I realize that most of my favorite memories are centered around my kids. Their health and safety are such a blessing, and I am more aware of that each day. I also realize that my life would be very quiet and lonely without the blessings of friends and family. Each one of you enrich my life in some way and I can never count the blessings that I have received from dear friends and my loving family.

I am so blessed.

5 comments:

Melissa Marilyn said...

Wow Danielle. I love your reflections and that you took the time to document them. I love you and our relationship and it made me a little teary to have made your list. Happy 2008!

Emily said...

Thank you so much for sharing that! It was so touching and true. Life flies by so quickly and it is important to celebrate the sweet moments of 2007. What a great year! I can't wait until our reunion in 2012 too!! Did we say we were going to go to San Francisco?? That is my vote!

Julia said...

great post danielle! i need to make a list like that. what a great year for your family..and 2008 can only be better with another sweet baby to add to the bunch.

Jenn S. said...

Wow - what a year! Hope that 2008 brings you lots more blessings!

queenieweenie said...

What a great post. You and your beautiful family had an amazing year. can't wait to see #4!