Friday, February 1, 2008

Tears

I've shed a lot of them tonight. Why? I don't really know. I guess it's the first moment I've had to sit down and watch some of the slide shows.commentary on President Hinckley. I've been so busy and life has been so noisy, that the peace and quiet of tonight game me time to think. What an amazing life that he led and I am so very thankful that I had the opportunity to learn from him. He helped me to be a better person and I will miss him and his dear, sweet smile. It's so strange to think that he's not here, but it makes me so thankful for the knowledge that I have- that I do know exactly where he is and who he is with. That thought makes me smile.

Then I checked in on this blog. I have it linked in my sidebar under "A Beautiful Blog." If you haven't checked it out- you must. It makes me live my life differently and I can honestly say that I am a different mother because of her story and her thoughts. Her little girl, Ava, passed away almost a year ago. Her last couple posts are especially heartbreaking, I'm sure because the one year anniversary of Ava's death is approaching. She has the most amazing thoughts and reflections- not to mention, she is an unbelievable photographer and her pictures are breathtaking. Oh- just thinking of it makes me teary. I can't imagine going through what she has endured this last year. She has taught me that EVERY MINUTE of EVERY DAY matters and that I need to take the time to love, really love/hold/cuddle my kids, because I know she would give anything to have 5 more minutes with her daughter. What an amazing women- I only hope this next year will bring her more peace and happiness, she deserves it.

3 comments:

Pricilla said...

Wow, I think I just spent a whole hour looking at that blog. The pictures are breathtaking and her words are so poetic. What a tragic story. It makes me so grateful for what I have. Thanks for sharing.

Emily said...

About three weeks ago I looked at the "Beautiful Blog" and I did need the Kleenex as you hinted. It made me realize that our children are only on loan from our Heavenly Father and he can take them in an instant. It pains my heart to think about it too much as it hits a little too close to home; just like you and I, she had two boys and her girl was her third child. But I'm grateful for her story. It does make me hug my children more and it helps me to find a little bit more patience when they are acting like children. How lucky we are to have them and we should cherish every moment.

Marcie said...

I was with you shedding the tears after visiting her website! I just feel for the sweet little girl and her family. Today was a very special RS lesson all about Pres. Hinckley's life. I can't wait to watch the funeral on DVR since we were gone all day Saturday and Mike is still watching the Super Bowl right now!