(ps- I am not a peanut butter fan and I still had to "hide" this from myself so I wouldn't eat the entire bowl. Just a warning)
Peanut Butter Popcorn
1/2 c. popcorn kernels
1 c. light corn syrup
1 c. sugar
1 c. peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
(I threw in a handful of chocolate chips just to be crazy, but it did make it harder for the kids to eat it and keep our NEW and CLEAN couch unscathed. And it did raise my stress level substantially higher- just saying...)
Pop popcorn. Bring sugar and syrup to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Stir until melted. Add vanilla. Pour over popped corn and mix. Makes 6 servings.

I got the recipe from this new book. I love cookbooks- and this one does not disappoint. Just made my grocery list for Saturday and there were many recipes on my list from this cookbook, including: Drizzled Lemon Muffins and Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders and Salad with Tangy Maple Dressing. Can't wait to try them out!
7 comments:
Oh, my goodness... your peanut butter popcorn sounds incredible! And, I like your suggestion to pick out a movie, don my jammies, and eat popcorn. YUM. I feel happy just thinking about that!
Hi Danielle! I am so excited to see your blog. That recipe sounds divine and I can't wait to try it! I can't believe how big your kids have gotten, btw. Addie is so grown up and I still think of her as a wee baby! Great to see yoU!!!
I've been making this for years and it's my kids' FAVORITE! It's even better (and easier) if you use butter flavored microwaved popcorn.
I can and HAVE eaten the entire bowl myself.
Mmmm, sounds yummy. New couch?!?! When did it arrive? I have to come see it!
You are the devil. I feel like I am constantly telling my kids "no" to junk food, because that is ALL they want. This seems like a really cool FHE activity/treat I will have to share. They will think I'm crazy! Thanks for the recipe.
Thats just like those scotcharoos. (The peanut butter chocolate rice crispy treats). One of our family favorites!
We need picts of the new couch!
I LOVE when you share recipes! Thanks!
Post a Comment