But now... Spring Break! And I slept in until 9 am this morning. Yeah for no school/homework and a week to relax! This morning we made it to the gym (felt so good to be back) and then spent a couple hours just playing at the park and enjoying the beautiful spring weather. What a day!
So here's the cruise run-down. Lot's of pictures ahead!
Day 1:
We left for San Pedro at 1 pm. I did cry when I left the kids- but once we got on the road I was so excited that I didn't feel too sad. We went with Janell and Darin, Keri and Clint and Joanna and Kirk. We had so much fun together- thanks guys for being such great company! We got on the ship around 3, had the emergency evacuation drill and then got ready for dinner. About on hour after we got on board I started feeling sick and I ended up with Bronchitis. Yuck! I didn't feel too bad though thanks to lots of Ibuprofin and Sudafed. Ended the night in the hot tub.
in the car- so excited for our week ahead!
Day 2:
Cruising at sea. It was chilly. Worked out in the morning. Explored the ship. Boys did a dodgeball tournament. Napped. Formal night. Juggling and comedy show.
Aaron enjoying 4 appetizers of shrimp cocktail!
Day 3:
Port at Cabo San Lucas. Handed out some toys to the kids. Rented ATV's and took a ride though the desert and ended at the beach. We went in the water at this amazing beach- so beautiful. Had lunch in Cabo and did some shopping. Dinner on the ship.
Janell handing out a coloring book and crayons.
Day 3:
Port at Mazatlan. Went with the Lackeys to do zip lining. Took forever to get there, but it was super fun once we were actually flying through the hills attached to a rope and a tree. As I was flying over trees, the thought repeatedly went through my mind "A mother of 4 should not be doing this kind of activity. My children need me!" All was well and we were protected! Back to the city, time for a little shopping. Dinner on the ship. Another show. 70's music and dancing.
Day 4:
Port at Puerto Vallarta. Off the boat at 8 am with the whole group, to take a catamaran to an island. We saw some whales on the way there. Once there we snorkeled, kayaked and took a little boat to another part of the island to enjoy the water and the beauty. Lunch on the catamaran. Shopping at the port. Dinner on the boat. Ice skating show. 80's dance show- Pure Energy. Poolside midnight buffet.
Day 5:
Cruising at sea. Very cold and windy. Watched the belly flop contest. Played lots of games. Ate way too much. Napped. Ice skated. Took salsa dancing lessons. (yes Marlina, Aaron did it too!) Comedy show.
Day 6:
Cruising at sea. Still cold and windy. Got a hot stone massage. Did the rock climbing wall. Boys played basketball. Towel folding class- sounds lame, but it was so cool and now I can fold towels to look like animals! Played more games. Formal night. Farewell show. Hot tub to end the night.
Every day they would change this little plaque in the elevator to remind us what day it was.
Every night we would find a cute new friend in our room. My favorite was the monkey hanging from a hanger.
Waiting for a show to start. Each night we would have a Pina Coloda or a Miami Vice. Yum!
All of our feet in the hot tub. The girls had cute toes!
The farewell show. We were in the third row and I think we saw little more than we wanted to. They were actually very good performers and the shows were very entertaining.
Back to LA. Off the boat by 9:45 am and home by 10:30. Back to reality!!
What a great week and one that we will definitely remember forever. This was our 10 year anniversary celebration and it was perfect! Great friends, fun memories, lots of relaxing, yummy food and lots of laughter. Can't wait until our 20 year anniversary!
Are you in Janell, Keri and Joanna???
10 comments:
Yes, we're in.... maybe even for a 12th or 15th anniversary! I don't know if I could wait another 10 years!
I am amazed at how well you remember everything we did every single day... even the names of the shows! It sure was a lot of fun. I need to get copies of your pictures...soon! :)
Im glad you guys had a great time! It is hard to come back to reality! We will have to do a cruise together sometime!
Of course we are in! We had an awesome time. I think I need to copy and paste your blog into my journal. Guess those 600+ pictures you had helped you keep track. I didn't even know you took some of those- I'm looking forward to seeing more. I think we should get together for a game/date night or something.
the best part about getting away is coming home!
isn't it a nice feeling to "miss" your kids? it makes you realize how much you love just being a mommy.
it looks like you had a blast and i'm so glad you got a chance to get away.
SO fun! Who knew that cruise ships have ice skating rinks? I am SO proud of Aaron for going Salsa dancing. Awesome!
How fun! I love the pic of how close you are to the whale.
SO FUN! Ned and I have been trying to figure out something to do for our 5th this year. He wanted to do cruise too (he's never been ) but with all the craziness that has happened lately I hope we at LEAST just get away for a weekend.
Looks so fun. And CArter is SO big!!!!!
Happy 10th Anniversary! What a fun way to celebrate. It looked like you guys had a blast. Good job on losing a pound after a week on a cruise diet. That is AMAZING!
Looks like you all had a great time. Happy Anniversary!
That looks and sounded like an amazing trip! Now I REALLY want to go on a cruise! What a perfect way to spend your 10th anniversary! I'm so glad you guys got to go and have some special couple time. I really admire that and hope Chris and I can do it too. It seems to me like it would be very important to have nice get-a-ways together. And I bet it made you love and miss the kids even more!
Post a Comment