Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008- merry and bright!

Christmas was just lovely this year!

Aaron's parents stopped by our house for a night- on their way to Aaron's sister house. We had fun hanging out with them and the kids LOVED their skitters from Nana and Tata. (actually I love them, too- they're so fun!)



On Christmas Eve, we did the regulars- cleaned out the chimney for Santa, hosed down the roof, set out cookies for Santa and veggies for the reindeer and then we went to dinner with the missionaries at Bucca di Beppo. It was delicious as usual. Then we came home and read Twas the Night Before Christmas, opened Christmas jammies, read the Bible story and then put the kids down. I stayed up making cinnamon rolls and a breakfast casserole and then Aaron and I set everything up.





Christmas morning started at a reasonable hour of 7 am. Aaron and I were already awake- we were so excited! Everyone loved their Santa presents. The boys got Air Hogs (mini helicopters), remote control cars/jeep and a Hot Wheels track. Addie got a double stroller for her babies, a highchair, a Little People set and a Tinkerbell head to do hair and makeup on. Carter got a little ball toy that he cared less about- he liked the wrapping paper the best.




Halfway through opening gifts, we heard a knock on the door. Santa left our new puppy, Maggie for us. She is an Australian Labradoodle and we are in love! We thought long and hard about getting a dog- and finally decided to go for it. I think dogs are great for kids. I had a dog growing up and wanted my kids to have that opportunity, too. It's worth the work because she is such a sweetie.
Then we went to my parents house for more presents, dinner, dessert, Guitar hero and lots of fun!






It was a wonderful day- full of lots of family, laughing, excitement, squeals of delight, yummy food and happy memories!

5 comments:

queenieweenie said...

A puppy for Christmas! Your kids are the luckiest in the world (and I'm glad mine don't read your blog).

I love the picture of you reading to your kids.

Emily said...

What a fun Christmas! Maggie is adorable! You are so fun--cleaning out the chimney and hosing down the roof? This year we accidentally sent the kids to bed without even putting out cookies for Santa--Oh well--they didn't notice. Next year we'll have to be a little bit better.

Chris and Debbie said...

Your family sure does know how to do Christmas! I told Ani, sometime within the next year, we need to take lessons from you and you can share some of the ways you make it so special and fun! You're so blessed to be able to spend such a special holiday with so much of your family! I loved all of the pics! It's obvious what a blast everyone was having! The puppy is sooo cute! I'm sure that cute bundle of joy will bring such happiness to your kids!

ashlee said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun!! I haven't heard of cleaning the roof for Santa...what a fun idea...although here it would have just caused Santa to slip off the ice sheet we created!! Anways, loved the jammies too!

The Hytes said...

I've been thinking of you and the puppy. How is it going? Also, I LOVE what you do to get ready for santa (aka. hose the roof and clean the chimney.) Although I love the snow at Christmas time, your traditions sound very, very fun.