On our first night there, Aaron's parents babysat our kids so we could head up to San Francisco to go to a Giants game with Aaron's brother Lance and his wife, Marlina. It was freezing- I wasn't prepared at all! It's hard to imagine that it could be cold anywhere in CA, when it's so hot where we live.
The next morning Aaron and his dad went on a long bike ride and we met them at a beautiful park, halfway, for lunch. There was a cute museum there and an amazing butterfly garden. Northern CA is so beautiful- I love it there!
Enjoying my boy at the park.
Tyler and Jake perfecting the "two finger" touch.
Nana and Addie in the butterfly garden.
On Sunday we drove to Vacaville to hang out and have dinner with Aaron's brother, Lance and his family.Addison and Hailey- playing dress up.

Above: Uncle Lance with the boys- Dustin, Andrew, Jake and Tyler.Below: Hailey and Addie playing dolls.

Addie, worn out, after a full day with cousins.

On Monday we drove up to Santa Rosa to visit our old friends, from when we lived there 3 years ago. So beautiful!! There are rolling hills and vineyards everywhere. I miss it there! Our good friends, the Ambridges, were kind enough to have a little get together at their home on Monday night for us. We invited some of our old friends and we had such a great time catching up! We love our Santa Rosa/Windsor friends! This picture is of Addie running down to the cows in the Ambridges backyard.
Me with one of my former Young Women, Jennifer Johnson- who is now playing tennis at Utah State. I'm getting old!
Me with my dear friend, Janet Reisner. She was the YW President when I was there and we worked together a lot. Her cute daughter Jessica was our babysitter, too.
Me and Amy Ambridge. Thanks Blake and Amy- we loved hanging out with your cute family at your beautiful ho,me. We love you guys and miss you already!
We stopped by our old house to take a quick picture. This is the house we brought Jacob home to, after he was born. Santa Rosa
This is the next house we lived in- Windsor. We loved this house.
All of my Shiloh Park friends- missed you Denise!
Windsor has the most darling downtown area. Their downtown was one of my favorite things about living there. They have the cutest little shops and grassy area. We spent a lot of time down there at the park, eating out and just walking around- when we lived there. Our house was less than a mile from the Town Greens, and we could just pack the kids and walk.
The best candy shop, ever! They have every candy imaginable and the best gelato!
We went to a park to let the kids run around. I was sitting with the baby, when I got stung by a bee! It hurt so bad- and continued to hurt for the next 4 days! I yelled for Aaron and the kids came running and were so amazed that mommy got hurt, everybdy wanted to help me.
At the same park, feeding the geese. They were crazy and as soon as Aaron broke our the bread, the all came flying. It scared the kids and they all hopped up on a picnic table. This picture doesn't do it justice- there were TONS of geese!
My brave warriors- they were determined to get that bee that stung me.
On Wednesday we went to Great America with everybody. We stayed at the water park for the whole day and had such a blast!

Above: Nana with Carter.
The girl cousins with their water Barbies. Too cute!
Above: The boys getting some sun while trying to dry off.Below: Those boys were exhausted at the end of the day. Poor Aaron carried both of them to the car- what a Dad!

Above: Uncle Aaron wrestling all the boys at Nana and Tata's after Great America.Below: Cousin Kiely with Carter- he loves her!
Nana and Tata were having their front doors re-done. The kids were happy to help!
And finally- two boys reflecting on the slip n' slide. Aaron couldn't resist this picture!
You made it through my travel log! It was a great trip and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Thanks, Debbie and Carl and Lance and Marlina, for a great trip. We love you guys!And I learned that my friend Allison is just so wise. She said two things that proved very true on this trip:
#1- A sleeping child is a quiet child.
We used her tip and gave Addie some Benadryll on the way home- it worked and we got a few minutes of silence.
#2- She once said in a post that a trip with kids is not a vacation- it's a trip. Vacations are for Mom and Dad only! She is so wise! Can't wait for our anniversary "vacation" in January!!
13 comments:
Ahh the candy shop at the Windsor Towne Green! LOVE it! I hope we make it back there one day.
Looks like a vacation full of family and fun..can't ask for more than that. Loved the pictures! Addie and her cousin playing dress up is too cute.
It does look like you had a great time. Oh man, I love gelato! And I figured out on our first trip with Gavin, its not a vacation. We still need to go to Glen Ivy. Now thats relaxing!
What a wonderful trip! Thanks so much for all of the pics! It looks like you had such a blast! :o) You have the cutest family! We'll be in Southern California Aug. 3rd-8th. We can't wait to see you and meet Carter! :o)
SO FUN! I love all the pictures too. Looks like you had a blast.
Also Aaron has been so nice in helping Ned, he has gone way out of his way, THANKS!
You guys are awesome!
We'll be in Southern California from Aug 4th-8th. Chris' dad couldn't take time off, so we needed to be up there on the weekend. But we'd love to go to your place for dinner another day. We're also thinking about going to Knotts Berry Farm and your mom mentioned you guys might be interested in going also. Any day or time work better for you? So far we're very flexible. :o)
Hey! I love the picture of me and Carter! I think I brainwashed him while he was here! I hadso much fun with you all here! I miss you Jacob and Tyler and Addie and Carter! And of course I miss Uncle Aaron and Aunt Danielle! I cant wait to see you again! I might have to make a trip down there during part of my Thanksgiving break! Love Always, Kiely
looks like fun!!!! Cute pictures...especially the last one with boys in the chair, lol :)
random question...do you have a cricut? Jason was looking at some receipts of yours from Michaels, and said, "Hey, Danielle bought some cricut stuff, maybe she has a cricut too?"
Looks like a great trip!! The kids had a blast...and isn't that what it's all about?? Amen, about the "trip" vs. "vacation"...we love those kids, but they can totally ruin a "vacation"! Carter is getting so big already! I need to see you when we come out in Novemeber and check out that little man!
It was fun seeing you again at the BBQ. It will be nice to stay connected through our blogs. Your kids pics on the side bar are so cute.
Loved seeing & reading about your family trip. I'm so sad to have missed you this time around, but it looks like you all had fun at the Ambridges. You'll just have to come back up to our beautiful neck of the woods again real soon. I'll try not to be away on vacation, oops, I mean a trip then.
Denise
I love downtown Windsor too! It was such a fun day when we spent time there together. The pic of the boys reflecting on the slip and slide is hilarious; I laughed out loud! I miss you guys. Thanks for keeping me up to date!
Looks like so much fun. I loved all the pictures!
Oh, I miss all the Santa Rosa/Windsor crowd, too. Looks like you had fun. Miss you!
Post a Comment