Saturday, April 19, 2008

Our Saturday

We were up and at it early this morning. Tyler had his first T-ball game. Aaron is the coach and Jake is his "assistant." We all went to support our boys, even my Dad came to cheer Ty on. I was so busy with the baby, Addie and the "assistant" that I only got one picture of our athlete on the field. i'll do better next time.
The handsome coach- reflecting on the game.

Way too late- the popsicle cart came around. Note to self: popsicles keep naughty children busy for a long time!
Then we wandered over to the park for the kids to wear themselves out- um, I mean play and have fun. Carter was a doll and slept most of the time.

I've been a couch potato the rest of the day- sitting on the couch messing with my blog design and nursing. Boys have been outside with Dad all afternoon, doing what? Who knows?? But they are busy and happy and that's good for me. Time to feed again, better go!

P.S. Some of you asked about Carter's kidneys and I realized I never addressed that in the last post. He urinated within the first hour, so the pediatrician took that as a great sign and pretty much said we don't need to worry. I was so relieved, but a little bit frustrated that they made such a big deal out of it during the pregnancy and then after he was born they kind of threw it aside like it was no big deal. I sure would have like to know that 3 months ago after I was told the news and cried all afternoon. Having said that, it is great news and he's fine. I think our pediatrician will do an ultrasound, just to follow up. Thank you for all your prayers and sweet comments.

8 comments:

Amber said...

I love the new layout! I cant wait to get Gavin into some sports. How cute your family is. Im so glad we have you guys in the ward!

Emily said...

Wow! You're amazing! A brand new baby, fourth at that, and you have a moment and energy to change your blog (very nice by the way) and go to a T-Ball game! I'm very impressed. I'm glad that little Carter is doing so well. I was wondering about his kidneys too. I just figured that no news was good news!:)

Ani said...

I like the new look! What a fun day! You have the perfect little family. Ty looks so stinkin' big! I can't believe it. The assistant and Addie look like they had fun, and Carter is my lover. I need to rub his cheeks tomorrow. They are my favorite!

Ashley Park said...

Hooray for healthy little Carter, I can't even imagine how stressful that is. Being pregnant, I am constantly worried about that.

Lisa said...

Go Tyler!!! And how fun for Aaron to be his coach. Both my boys are playing Tball this year, but last year Jacks just played and Austin had a hard time. I couldn't find him (becuase I was too busy taking pictures) and looked up to find him standing on 1st base with Jacks!! You're little baby is sooooo cute! You're such an awesome mom to go watch ball games after just having a baby. You're family is lucky to have you!!!

Chris and Debbie said...

What a fun day! You have such a wonderful family and you're the best mom! I told Ani that we need to take lessons from you before we have kids! What cute pictures! And we're quite impressed to see Tyler's Colorado Rockies hat! :o)

queenieweenie said...

Wow lady, don't you bounce back fast! So glad you got the diapers-if there are too many to use, just pass along to Ani. I'm sooo bummed. I'll be a at Women's Conference during Ani's shower. I would have loved to see you guys-and baby Carter! By the way, I LOVE the new blog. Very you.

queenieweenie said...

Oh, I forgot. The same EXACT thing happened to me with Jake. It was so frustrating to worry about it so much during pregnancy and then have it brushed aside. Good news...he's 9 and NEVER had a problem with his kidneys.