Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Elder Bewsey

Elder Bewsey
(front and center)

My little (and much, much taller) brother got his mission call in the mail today. Actually he got his call yesterday and we all scrambled to get on a conference call (about 20 people). He read "You have been called to labor in the Provo, Utah mission." What?? There was kind of an akward silence while David flipped through his papers to see if there was more information. After a really long time and some "it's ok Dave, that's where the Lord want you" condolences from my mom, his roommate decides to break out with "April Fools!" Then everyone starts talking, you can hear my grandma saying "What's going on?" and my grandpa grumbling "That's wasn't funny." Dumb roommate was going to call my parents and clue them in and "just didn't get around to it." Poor Dave- he had no idea and was so shocked!

So the real call came today. We all reconvened for a conference/web cam call and this indeed was the real deal. He has been called to the Lima, Peru North Mission and will report on June 25th. Perfect timing- he'll be here for both mine and my sisters babies- on second thought, I could still be pregnant then- who knows? We are so proud and excited for him. He is such a good boy and is so anxious to go on his mission and teach the people of Peru about the gospel. I love you Dave and am going to miss you like crazy! I am so proud of you for this decision that you've made to sacrifice 2 years of your life to serve the Lord. You are such a good example to me and especially my boys- I'm so glad they have such an amazing uncle to look up to. Congratulations, Dave!

6 comments:

Emily said...

What a wonderful April fools joke!! David must have wanted to die when he heard that! Receiving a mission call to Provo, UT would be a little anti-climatic, especially since he is living there right now!! I can't believe little David is old enough to go on a mission. Good luck David!! I still remember the day I was at your house, David had turned 8 years old and I asked your mom when he was going to get baptized and she slapped her hands to her cheeks and said, "Oh my gosh, I almost forgot!!" I don't think she forgot about the actual baptism--something about a family gathering that was going to be planned around it. It was a funny moment.

You are so funny Danielle--I don't think you will be pregnant until the end of June even though it feels like it I'm sure.

Ani said...

YAY! Isn't it so perfect for him!? I am so happy!
On a side note...did you try to take the red eye out of Matt's eyes in that picture? Scary!

queenieweenie said...

So exciting! I can't wait to see Peru pictures.

Amber said...

Thats great! Im counting down until my brother comes home in July. Being the oldest I feel like I have close ties with all my siblings. It was so hard to have my brothers gone. But you can see the blessings we all receive from them faithfully serving. I dont know how Im going to cope sending my sons. But it is so great to see them grow into men.

Melissa Marilyn said...

Wow, little David is going on a mission. That is so cool! I couldn't believe how grown up he looked and I laughed SO hard at his roommate's prank. I can see that it wasn't funny at the time, but it will be in the years to come! How are you feeling?

Breanne King said...

Danielle hello OMG have you had your baby yet?!
Ok here is what I found works best...Debacterol Canker Sore Pain Relief. The only way I got it was through a wonderful dentist who gave it to me to try. If I want to buy it, it costs about $50 for like a 12 pack, with one use only per each of the 12. So its expensive, but it works. It cauterizes it, so it goes away. I LOVE IT!!!