My computer is still broken. It's awaiting a new processor and then I can post some pictures. I am dying to show you all pictures of the kitchen. It's done! Hooray, hooray! I really have no reason to complain- minus the time it took to demolish the old kitchen, it took 10 days to install the new one. I have heard horror stories, in fact my mom's kitchen remodel went on for several (like 6) months. We really lucked out. The cabinet guys showed up on Wednesday at 10:30 and were completely done by 2:00. The granite went in the next 2 days and the tile for the backsplash. Then things were quiet for a couple days. Monday the floors came out, which was a HUGE mess. At that point I for sure decided that we had made a gigantic mistake and we should have just left good enough, alone. We had 5 guys in and out of the house all day, mexican music blaring from a boom box, all the furniture was moved into the garage and no floors downstairs. I promptly packed up the kids and I and we headed to my parents to wait it out. It was a good choice. We had a nice time. We took the train down to San Diego one day and hung out at Seaport Village. On Wednesday I got brave and came home late that night. When we got home, it was amazing, almost everything was done. The kitchen was finished, the wood floors were down and everything looked beautiful! The only things left are some touch-ups in the kitchen and the tile floor in the bathroom and laundry room needs to be grouted (that will be done tomorrow). It really turned out so great and I am loving my new kitchen!So my break is over, although I wasn't able to accomplish ALL the things that I had wanted to before I returned, I still did a lot. Now it's on to the babies room. Aaron is going to texture the ceiling tomorrow and then my parents are coming back out to finish the crown molding and some painting. Then we can get the crib set up and everything settled in. I keep forgetting how close we are getting and how much there is to do before the little guys gets here. Only 5 more weeks and if I'm early (which I've always been) then we better get moving!
6 comments:
Wow, that has got to be some kind of record. Way to go. Can't wait to see pics.
I cant wait to see your kitchen. I wished I lived closer to help you out. You have to admit that you loved the mexican music blasting. See you soon.
I think I might drop Gavin off Monday so I can see your kitchen. Im dying to see it. Im sure its beautiful!
I feel sad your computer is still broken. See ya tomorrow!
Ha, ha! That is so funny about the mexican music! I also think the mexican graffiti truck was something special! When I saw that thing it your driveway I just laughed, it was hidious! I can't wait to see your kitchen tomorrow when I bring the kids over... if you're still up to it? Thanks for being so helpful with them these past few weeks, and thanks for the yummy cheesecake, it was my midnight snack last night, yum!
I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left! Get your computer up and going so we can see pics of the new baby!!!
Hurry and get a camera because I'm soooo excited to see what your kitchen and new floors look like!! You must be so excited.
Post a Comment