Thursday, July 2, 2009

last day of school and saving a life

Geez- summer has gotten the best of me and I have really fallen off the blog-wagon. Aaron was giving me hard time about it tonight- so I figured it was time!

Tyler's last day of school was a few weeks ago. (so was Jake's but I can't find his pictures at the moment). Aaron was nice enough to take the morning off so that I could go help in his classroom. It was really fun and I am so glad I was able to be there. All of the kindergarten rooms were a different station and the kids just rotated through about 10 stations. For the first hour and a half I was in charge of the Bingo station. I am a pretty good Bingo caller! Then I got to go around as a chaperon for Tyler's group of kids. After the stations the kids had pizza, and juice and then it was time to say good-bye and head home. What a fun morning we had!
Ty had such a great year with Mrs. Debruyne. He really learned a lot and has grown so much over the last 9 months. I am looking forward to him continuing his education next year, but I am not looking forward to him being at school all day. Whoa- that's along time! I sure am going to miss him!

After the kindergarten festivities, we rushed home, picked up the kids and headed over to the park for an end of the year Primary activity. It's a little tradition for our ward, to get together at the park on the last day of school, for games and popsicles. It made for a crazy, busy day- but the kids sure enjoyed it!

The next day was Jake's preschool graduation (another post!). After that my mom came over for awhile. I was busy in the kitchen and when I went outside, I found them all huddling over my mom's hand. Well, somehow, they had found a fly that was about 2 seconds away from being eaten by a spider. My kids rescued the little fly just in time and handed him over to Grammy- who took it upon herself to unravel him from the spiders web (the fly was totally wrapped up in a tight cocoon) and set him free. With the right tools, she managed to get him loose and everyone started cheering. That little guy just took off! It was so funny- but just like my mom to spend all that time rescuing a fly!


3 comments:

S. Tallman said...

Sounds like a great end to a good school year! Your mom hasn't changed a bit. She has a soft heart for all God's critters--no matter how many legs they have!

The Hytes said...

I bet that spider was pretty mad that it had to find dinner somewhere else. HA!

queenieweenie said...

gross but cute!