Wednesday, May 27, 2009

crazy for dominoes

Maybe it's just me- but often, I find myself in the guest room searching for a game or activity to keep my boys occupied in the afternoon. I know this won't really be a problem next year, when Tyler is in 1st grade. (Ahh!) So I jumped all over this domino set I saw in the HearthSong magazine. If you've never looked at their magazine, you should check it out. They have really cool toys- nice, quality and different.

We got this set for the boys for Christmas and we've all really enjoyed it. I only let them play it in the afternoons when the little ones are sleeping. It's REALLY frustrating to get it all set up and then one wrong move- and you're toast. Believe me- we let Addison help us once and I just had to laugh because she knocked it down SO many times. I love seeing what creations the boys come up with- they are so much more creative then I am. I always do the dominoes in a circle and they get crazy and build the coolest stuff!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Im going to have to check out that magazine. Im so over games/toys that break or loose their appeal.

queenieweenie said...

Cute! I love the bright colors.

You are the best mommy.

Melissa Marilyn said...

Fun! I love playing Mexican Train with Dominoes. There is the cutest glittery pink set in The Container Store catalog. Dominoes aren't just for kids you know! :)

Chris and Debbie said...

That looks like a great afternoon play treat!