"I love Mother's Day!"
That was the first thing out of my mouth yesterday morning- when I was awoken by 4 cute kids and a cute husband and the last thing out of my mouth last night as I fell asleep with a smile on my face. Yesterday truly was a wonderful day- a day to spend with family, enjoy my children, be pampered by my husband, eat yummy food and feel special all day long!
They all woke me up at 9 am with breakfast in bed- Aaron's famous "Egg Holies", fruit and fresh squeezed OJ. Then we came downstairs to open presents- and lots of them! They went crazy this year! Addison got me a candle, Jake got me the Topsy Turvy tomato planter (he's seen that on TV for months and really wanted me to have that because I love tomatoes!) and Tyler got me a caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Aaron bought me a new bread machine! Our last one just wore out and stopped working and we have really missed having one. We use it a lot- pizza dough, cinnamon rolls, breadsticks and of course- yummy fresh bread. I can't wait to give it a try today!
Aaron started a new tradition this year- he had the idea to plant a tree each year for me, on Mother's Day. This year is was a lemon tree. I LOVE the idea!
Of course my favorite gifts were the homeade ones- my boys spen hours at the kitchen table with all the craft stuff out- glitter, lace, ribbon, feathers, confetti, glue and lots of paper. Here is my collection from yesterday:
The kids hard at work- cleaning up the breakfast mess.
After the mornings activities we went to church and the guys were sweet enough to give us girls the third hour "off." We enjoyed cheesecake and water together. It was nice to sit and visit instead of being busy, busy in the Primary room.
After church my family came over for dinner. We took the easy way and had pizza and salad and ice cream (Chocolate Malted Crunch, of course!). It was actually very relaxing and the boys did a great job of cleaning up and taking care of the kids for us. We ended the day sitting outside playing basketball and enjoying the beautiful spring night.
Cute Kate discovered a new toy- and zoomed down the hall with it. It was awesome! Look how happy she is- and how tan my sisters legs are- in May. Not fair.
What a great day! I love Mother's Day and mostly, I love the reason that we celebrate this day. I love my mom, my mother-in-law and their moms, too! We have such great moms in our life. I truly am blessed to learn from the best. I am also thankful for the moms that I interact with daily. I am thankful for your examples and support.
And of course- I am thankful for these 4 little people - the ones that made me a mom. They are my heart and soul.
This post wouldn't be complete without giving props to Aaron- the best Daddy and husband. He made the day so special and worked so that I didn't have to lift a finger. Thanks honey! Can't wait for Father's Day now!!
7 comments:
Glad you had a wonderful day, you deserve it!
SO cute! My mom still has my kindergarten plate. :)
What a special day. I especially love the pic of the kids doing the dishes. That's a classic!
I'm so sad that we couldn't have been there with you guys! It looks like you guys had so much fun. And that picture with Kate and Addison is so cute. Mike and I were dying at how adorable they are. I miss you guys, and we hopefully we can see you when we get back in the next week or so. See you soon!
I have to give Aaron props...he really knows how to put on a Mother's Day...Jake says I'm not his mom...so he doesn't have to do anything...what a cop out! Anyways, Happy Mother's Day!
Sounds like the PERFECT day.
I'm glad you enjoy Mother's Day (I secretly kind of hate it-a lot).
That look like such a perfect Mother's Day! And you certainly deserve it! I'm very impressed with Aaron's breakfast!
Post a Comment