Aaron rode in a 75 mile bike ride on Saturday (a whole other post) to benefit Multiple Sclerosis- and it ended in Santa Barbara. I found a sitter for the little kids and I was planning on taking the boys up there to meet Daddy at the finish line. Well, late Friday night (like 10:30) I changed my mind and decided to get "crazy" and turn it into a weekend trip- for all of us! I'm so NOT spontaneous. I like to have things planned, packed, organized, house cleaned, laundry done and reservations made- days in advance. So this was very unlike me. I woke up early on Saturday packed all 5 of us up, got Jake ready for his soccer game, lugged us all to the game, then home and then we hit the road around 11:00. There was traffic the ENTIRE way. Serious. It was awful. Let's just say I made it there with about 2 minutes to spare. I got to the finish line, got out the camera and they all rode by! Barely!!
After the race we checked into our hotel and had such a fun weekend just relaxing. The weather was amazing (about 75) and the location was beautiful! We will definitely be going back. The perfect place for a quick weekend get away. I got sick on Saturday with a nasty cold, so that was kind of a bummer, but I tried to have fun despite feeling like I wanted to be in bed. The weather was a little cloudy and cool- so it felt like the perfect way to say goodbye to summer and welcome in the fall! I think we've started a new tradition to wrap up the summer- see you next September!
The view from the balcony.

Taking a ride in the surry... poor Aaron, his legs were so tired and sore from his ride the day before. He could barely peddle. We decided these things are over-rated- we'll try again in a few years when the boys can help with the peddling!


On our bike ride, we found this amazing park- only problem was that it was surrounded by this fence and had these signs everywhere. BUT- it was FULL of people. So we pretended like we couldn't see the fence and the signs and we went for it. Too bad some mean lady from the parks dept. showed up and kicked us all out. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
See-- we weren't the only ones there- there were kids and parents everywhere!

The kids enjoying some room service, after a day at the beach.

Carter-man- just hanging out on the beach.

The beautiful hotel- our room was right there! The beach was so amazing- different from where we live. They had these cool sand dunes all over. The kids loved them!

My baby girl.


I think we wore them out! The drive home sure was quiet!
Good bye Summer- Welcome Fall!
I love fall- my favorite season ever!!!! sorry ani!
5 comments:
How fun! Way to be spontaneous! It looks like you guys all had a great time.
I love fall too. Im so anxious. I have already started making soup!
How fun...and Ella has the same little pink and brown swim suit...
What a perfect way to end the summer! Way to be spontaneous!
So so fun. What great family memories. IMO, You are wonderwoman to travel like you do with the amount of kids and the ages they are. I don't think we went much of anywhere until Joseph was potty trained. We tried camping once when Sienna was 9months and that was the last time until Joseph was 3. 4-5 years later. LOL
That looks like such a wonderful little trip! I bet it paid off to be spontaneous!It seems like you guys have been doing tons of traveling lately! How fun! Thank you for your inspiration to TRY to like fall. I'm with Ani, I LOVE summer!
Post a Comment