Saturday, September 6, 2008

firsts

We've had lots of firsts in our family this last week. . .

Tyler's FIRST day of school.

Some last minute instructions and love from mommy.He is doing great and loves kindergarten! The first couple days were a little rough for me, but we are getting used to having him gone. We are all sure happy when 11:20 rolls around and we get to pick Tyler up- we miss our boy! He has just started bringing home books from school and "reading" them. Right now it's more sight reading and memorization, but it's a start. His teacher is one of the best at his school for teaching kids to read. He is so prouud of himself, when he reads those books. We are proud of him, too!


Jacob's FIRST (although 2nd year) of Tiny Tots.

Addison's FIRST time going potty on the "big girl potty."We are congratulating her by doing the "wee-wee" dance. It works and she love it!

The FIRST day of AYSO soccer.
Jacob and Tyler are both playing this year. Jacob's jersey wasn't ready, so I'll post pictures of him later. The y both had games today, at the same time! Aaron is coaching Jake's team, so I watched Tyler's game. It was so hot- over 100 degrees. I felt so sorry for the poor kids running around in the sun. They didn't seem to mind though!
Tyler and his friend Trey are on the same team and also in the same Primary class.

The FIRST flu of the season.After a fun girls night out on Thursday (thanks, girls, that was fun!!) I awoke to Tyler who had just thrown up all over his room. He continued to be sick for the next 7 hours. Poor guy. We stayed up all night on the couch and snuggling in the guest room- between throw-ups. By ten the next morning, he was back to normal. I guess it's going around- yuck! No one else has it here...yet... knock on wood! He was treated like a king all day- chicken soup on a tray while watching a movie and homemade apple juice popsicles. I think he secretly had a fun day and while we're being honest- I secretly enjoyed having him home instead of at school! Shh, don't tell.


Enjoying my sister's FIRST baby.
Could she be any cuter?? I love her.

All 5 grandkids having fun at a picnic on Labor Day.


Last but not least-my thirty FIRST birthday.(I can't believe I am posting this picture for all to see! It's not very flattering, but it was so much fun I want to remember!)

We didn't really celebrate until that night, because it was the first day of school and we had to all be our the door by 7:40, but Aaron decorated for me and had all my presents out. By the end of the day I was feeling a little sorry for myself because the day was feeling just like any other day- so I decided to go outside and have some fun with the kids. Aaron came home and found us sliding down our homemade water slide into a pool. It was super fun and we all laughed really hard. He brought home some yummy Wahoo's and we feasted on chocolate cake from Claim Jumper and opened presents. One of Aaron's young men (he's in college now) showed up at my door earlier that day with a homemade chocolate cake. That made my day. Thanks, Matt! 3 of my good friends stopped by throughout the day, too, delivering yummy treats- pinkberry (thanks Keri!), cookies and bath stuff from Victoria's Secret (thanks, Amber!) and some darling earrings and sweet card (thanks Amber J!) I am blessed with wonderful friends. My parents also came out for the afternoon with a pie from Marie Callendar's. So after all, it ended up being a great birthday. Thanks everyone for making it special!






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting to see the first day of school pictures. Tyler is getting so big. I am glad you dont have all day kindergarten. Thay are too young to be gone from their mommys all day. You are such a fabulous mother.

Heidi said...

Oh my, what an exciting life you lead...so eventful and fun. I LOVE the waterslide picture, you are such a great mom!!!!

Also thank you so so much for the "Big Sister" PJ's for Ella. You will never know how excitied she was and how happy that made me. That was so thoughtful! THANKS!!!

Julia said...

Fun post- and happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Good good times! Looks like tons of fun and really great memories. You are such a good mom to go out and play like that. You go girl! Glad everything is going well with Tyler. Maybe I'll get to substitute for his class some day. Also glad to hear you had a nice birthday. It's good to celebrate another year of happiness with important people in your life.

Ashley Park said...

Happy Birthday!! Cute pics! IF you guys could come over and do the wee wee dance at our house, it would be much appreciated. Apparently bribing O with ANYTHING he wants doesn't even work!

Tanya Smith said...

I can't believe your kids are getting so big...already going off to school? You better keep that pic of your daughter on the toilet for some major blackmail bargaining power when she's a teenager, lol. That is the funniest picture. I can totally imagine you all doing the wee wee dance. Love ya!

Chris and Debbie said...

That was a lot of super exciting "firsts!" Congratulations to everyone! I bet time just flies by, I can't believe how fast they're all growing up! You have such a wonderful family! I'm so blessed to be a part of your extended family!

queenieweenie said...

Happy Birthday!

I love the picture with Tyler's hand on your head. So cute. You are the best mom!