Monday, September 24, 2007

A Work Day

Saturday was the first cool weekend day we've had in awhile, so we decided to spend the day working outside and in the garage. I really wasn't that excited about it, but it turned out to be a good day. The kids had fun playing outside- in the rain. We ordered a dumpster and threw away tons of junk that has just accumulated over the last couple years. Then I went in to make lunch and decided it would be fun to have a picnic in our front yard. We put our blanket down on the driveway, since the grass was wet from the rain and then it started raining, again so we had a picnic in the garage. The kids were super confused at first and then they thought picnicing in the garage was fun. We ended the day with a trip to Costco, dinner at Joe's Crab Shack and some Tivo'd shows from ealier in the week.

The boys loved jumping on the trash to smash it down- it really worked!
We found our wagon- underneath all the junk in the sideyard, the kids were so excited to take it for a spin!


Our "white trash" picnic in the garage.

4 comments:

Ani said...

Just your perfect fall day huh? I know how you love cold weather, rain, sweatshirts, and inside picnics. You are not my sister anymore.

Emily said...

Annie is so funny!! You always seem to turn even the unlikable things in life to a whole lot of fun! What a fun family you have. I love that you had a picnic in the garage.

Emily said...

OOPS I spelled Ani wrong!

Kim said...

How cute of a mom are you? Your kids look like they had a blast! I am so glad it is cooling down! Fall is the best!