I know it's usually "Thankful Thursday", but I felt the need to switch it up a little. I had such a fun, enjoyable, pleasant day with my little ones, I just had to be THANKFUL!
With three kids, 4 and under, it's pretty hard to run errands, as you can imagine. I have good kids, don't get me wrong, but they are not really what I would call "perfect" or "easy." They are a handful! The boys are like puppies, always wrestling and rolling around together. Having said that, I always brace myself for days like today, when there's lots to do and no babysitter in sight!

Off we go to do some visiting teaching. No luck! She's either forgotten or hiding behind her couch when she sees me and my 3! Next on the schedule: storytime at the library. Because of our last appt. (or lack of) we are early. I am embarrassed to say this is our first visit to the library since we've lived here. My only excuse is that we have SO many kids books at home. Anyway, the kids were way excited. They each picked out some books and DVD's. We made our way to the Kids Room for storytime. Storytime went great, even Addie toddled around and had a good time. The librarian read 3 books, sang lots of songs and they even made these cute 4th of July fans to keep them cool. They sat quietly while I signed up for library cards and checked out our new books.
Lunch time! Off to Quizno's. Going places like that is always funny because everyone stares, whispers and points. Most popular comment: "Wow- you have your hand

full!" True, I do. Kids were very good. We even sat at the tall table with the barstools. At first I kept waiting for someone to take a dive and fall on their head. Didn't happen! They have a nice common area outside that the kids love to run around. The boys were so

cute with Addie and held her hand to help her up the little sidewalk and then made sure all the gates

were locked to keep her away from the street. We then loaded up to head home, via the strawberry stand. We came home with a flat of strawberries and lots of fresh zuchinni for $10!
I consider this day a success because everyone made it home with dry underwear, no serious injuries and we were all still smiling. Days like this make me happy and thankful. I like my little kids. They are interesting people, each with their own individual personalities and they are fun to be around (most of the time!) As hard and trying as it is to be a mom sometimes, I love these little guys so much. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with all the different things I need to accomplish each day, but this day I am glad I got to do it with my babies!
2 comments:
I LOVE days like that. I can so relate to you. I hear the hands full comment everywhere I go.
What a great post - and I can also so relate (even though I only have two!) Days like those are always something to be thankful for. :)
Post a Comment