Monday, May 19, 2008

This, That. . . and Baby Kate!!

First of all and most importantly- my sister had her baby yesterday! Lucky girl was 10 days early! Her water broke at 4 am and she finally had her at 12:09 am, the next morning. Poor thing was in labor for 20 hours. I had the honor of being in the room with her and it was truly the most amazing experience. Although I have 4 children, I have never seen a real birth. It was SO awesome! Although she was in terrible pain. she was so amazing and such a trooper. I loved every minute of it and feel so blessed that I was able to see my sweet niece being born. She is truly beautiful with pink, pink lips and LOTS of brown hair. They named her Kate, she was 7 pounds 12 ounces and 20 inches long. A HUGE thank you to my wonderful husband who took over and held down the fort while I was gone. He was alone with all the kids for the whole day- and he did awesome! He was so nice about the whole thing and when I was feeling guilty and almost came home for a couple hours, he insisted that I stay and be with Ani and that he was totally fine. Thanks Aaron!

Congratulations Ani and Matt, you guys are going to be such wonderful parents. Kate is a lucky girl!

My cute sister, at the Newport Temple, last week.Baby Kate- we love you!



In other news. . .

this baby of mine is growing like a weed! He is way out of his 0-3 month clothes and drinks a good 5-6 ounces every 2 or 3 hours! He is doing great at night- in fact last night was his best ever, 7 1/2 hours! That's by far the best nights sleep I've had in almost 6 weeks, it felt wonderful. He is still really fussy during the day, which has been really hard, but we're surviving and I know he'll grow out of it soon. He's so sweet and we already can't imagine life without him. The boys wanted to bring Carter to "share" at pre-school last week. It was pretty cute to see them up there, so proud of their baby brother.

Carter at 5 weeks. That's Addison to the left of Jake, she just sits right down and makes herself at home.

Aaron had to go out of town for a couple nights, for business. I was still a little uncomfortable to stay home alone with 4 kids, so my mom came out for a night and I went to my parents house for the other. We met up with my Dad at Chuck E. Cheese one night. Seriously, my kids could spend the whole day there and never need me! Things are going good here. Life is still super busy and I definitely am more than ready for bed each night. I feel like everyone is adjusting pretty well to having little Carter around, although Tyler prayed tonight that Carter "wouldn't cry so much and Addison will not pinch me anymore." I guess they can't be perfect, right?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting. I am so jealous of your sister moments. Keep up the great woek with your kids. You can tell you are an awesome mom by how much they love you.

Amber said...

Cute! I cant believe Carter is getting so big. They really do grow up too fast. Sharing time at pre school is adorable. What a full week you had. Im glad Carter is a good sleeper for you. Im sure you need it.

Janell said...

I am so excited for Ani! Her baby is beautiful, congratulations on your new niece, I love her name too!

Jenn S. said...

Aww, what a great post! Congratulations on the arrival of your baby neice and for your sister choosing the best baby girl name - ever!

Carter is so sweet and you are right, that fussy phase will be over before you know it.


xoxoxo

Chris and Debbie said...

What a great post! I loved all the pictures! Thanks for posting more of Kate, she's adorable! And so is Carter, he looks so much bigger, I can't believe how fast they grow. That's so awesome that Aaron was so great about you being away with Ani. I'm sure Ani appreciated it soooo much! And I think he even blogged during that time, updating us! What a great guy you have! I'm sure he appreciates you even more when he gets to do your job for the day. :o) You're amazing! I loved all of the pictures you posted! Your kids are soooo cute and you all look so happy!

queenieweenie said...

I got to be there for Amanda's kiddos births and it is the most amazing thing ever. I'm glad you got to be there for Ani. Your kiddos are way cute in the pics. Baby Carter is getting so big already. When Ani's feeling better I'd love to come meet you guys for lunch of something and see the sweet babies!

Emily said...

What a sweet prayer from Tyler!!:) I'm so happy for Ani! Your mom and dad must be in grandbaby heaven! I hope she is doing well and adjusting to the sleep deprivation. Speaking of which, I'm glad that Carter is doing so well and letting you get some sleep so soon. You deserve it. What a cute little guy you have.

Jeff and Kandis said...

Yeah congrats, how special that you were there with her. It's definetely a different experience from the other end. Carter is getting big, I love that picture of him.