Wednesday, June 2, 2010

my thoughts- 3 weeks out

I had made a decision to close my blog- and move on. It's been a good couple years- but I was ready to do something different. And then last night, I decided to go back to before Carter was born and see how I was doing/feeling then. I spent the next hour re-reading old posts and reminiscing. I told Aaron, "This makes me want to blog again!" It was so fun to be able to read about all the things we were doing back then- see pictures and hear the cute things the kids say. So... I guess I'm not giving up the blog. I can't say I am going to be better about posting- because my life is about to get even busier, but I will do my best!

Since it's been a few months- here's the happenings around our house:

Baby Avery is due in 18 days. June 20th- Father's Day! We are all SO excited to meet this sweet baby girl. I must say that Addison is definitely the most excited. She talks about the baby, every day, all day. She is constantly kissing my tummy and telling me what she is going to teach Avery to do. It is so adorable- and I love that she is so enthusiastic about getting a new sister. I had my 37 week check up yesterday- I am about 1 cm and 80 effaced. I have an appt next Monday- and if there is some progress, then Dr. May said we will set up an induction date. Because the hospital is an hour away, and because the last 2 kids came so quickly- he thinks it would be safer to induce, then to let me go into labor on my own. I agree! I must admit, I do worry about that a little.

The other kids are doing great. The boys last day of school is next Thursday. Addie has her Tiny Tots graduation next Tuesday and then her dance recital on Friday night. It's a busy week- so if baby wants to stay put until next weekend, that would be find with me! Aaron is doing great, too! He is serving as the ward mission leader now- and loves working with the missionaries, but I know he misses the young men in the ward. He has been such a help these last few weeks- as I have slowed down and been more tired. I don't know what I would do without him! He will take 2 weeks off after Avery is born- and I am so thankful for that!

Here's what's been on my mind lately...
I feel like this will probably be our last baby. I had a hard time saying that for the first 7 months, but it feels good now. We'll see... my baby cravings seem to come around the 1 yr birthday. But I think this may be it. Five feels just right to me.

I am a little worried about the summer! Mainly, about having 5 kids, 7 years old and under, home all day for 9 weeks! I have some stuff planned, and I will have a lot of help, so I know it will be fine. I usually get really sad when the end of August rolls around and it's time for the boys to go to school, but I have a feeling that I might welcome it this year! Avery will still be little, so I'm sure she will sleep most of the summer away!

I think the kids will do well with our new addition. The older boys will be just fine. They are excited and will be big helpers to me. Addie is thrilled- I am not really worried about her. She may have her moments of acting out- but I really would be suprised if she acts jealous. Now Carter- he's another story! Just last week I was reading to the kids on my bed, and one of the older kids scooted over to be closer to me and Carter pushed them out of the way and said, "My mommy!" He is for sure a mommy's boy and still enjoys snuggling on my lap and having me hold him- which is near impossible these days! He is adorable and I still find my self just staring at his sweet face. He is for sure my baby, still- and I fear he will feel like he got kicked out of that position, when Avery is born. I am going to spend lots of time and energy, making sure that he still gets lots of love and attention.

It's almost 9 am and I think Addie and Carter are just starting to wake up. We had a busy day yesterday- and the day before. They were tired! Time to get this day started. Here's a picture to leave you with. My 4 sweeties. Love them! Hard to believe there will be another one soon- and that we will love her just as much as these crazy kids!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I am SO SO SO glad for one that your are not stopping your blog, that is how I stayed connected, see your cute kids, and get a lot of my updates. I totally understand about not blogging as much (its hard) but a few updates like this and see that is all you need, and what sweet memories.

Best of luck to you SOON! How exciting. It feels like just yesterday we had the little shower for Carter at Mimi's...wow time flies! GOOD LUCK! Yeah. I dont know how you do it SUPER MOMMY! I am off next week so if you guys do anything let me know and I will try to come out your way!

Janell said...

I miss reading your blog! It has become so much easier to keep in touch on Facebook, but the blog really does act as a journal. That's why I'm still doing it. I love my blog book so much.

Brooke said...

I am glad you are not giving up either. I thought about how I motivated you to start and I had a baby and could do it every now and then. I know you can too!!! I love reading about your cute family and feeling like you are a bit closer. I am anxious to hear all about baby Avery!!!

Kristy Anderson said...

Danielle, keep blogging! Do you know about blurb.com where you can order your blog bound in a book (perfect family history!)? I don't do FB anymore and check your blog every few months to see how you are doing. Hope all is well with your new daughter!!! Congrats!!! I hope you are surviving the summer! Just FYI, we felt total peace after we had our "caboose" (and before she was born too). That peace is a blessing! The Lord understands our hearts and feelings and emotional needs! :) Take care! p.s. also, fyi...my email is jonandkristy@gmail.com