Saturday, December 12, 2009

catch up... and the news!

I told you I'd be back... it just took me awhile.

I've definitely fallen off the "blog-wagon." I've had more than one email and phone call, asking me if I'm ok. Yes, I am ok. Just been really busy, and have lost a little motivation to blog. I will try to be better, because I really do enjoy having this journal, to read back through.

To catch you up... I"ve been a busy girl. Last December, I decided to get serious about loosing weight. I changed my eating habits, quite a bit, and started exercising, a lot. I have been very dedicated and consistent, and as of the end of October, I have lost 52 pounds. It feels wonderful and I am a much happier person, because of it. Someday, I would liket to write a post about my journey- but for now, I will just say that every early morning at the gym, every skipped dessert and every workout, has been worth it. I hope I never go back to that place again.

On that note- it is time for me to stop loosing weight because... I am pregnant!http://www.leehansen.com/clipart/Themes/Babies/images/belly.jpg

That's right, little Edmonds #5 is coming this June. I am 13 weeks along, and still feeling pretty yucky. Hopefully, things will start to get better in the next couple weeks. We are so excited for this new little person to join our family. This seems like the first time that the kids are really aware of what's going on, and they are thrilled. They keep asking me when the baby is coming, and since I'm not even showing yet- I have to remind them that mommy's tummy is going to get really big, before our baby comes.

This last June, I decided to sign up for a triathlon, and started my training. After getting pregnant, I wasn't sure if I would keep it up, but after talking with my doctor and my husband, I decided to keep up my training and do it! Aaron and I both ran in the Anthem, AZ triathlon last Saturday. I will post more about it later- but I met both of my goals, which were to cross the finish line and to complete it in under 2 hours. It was hard, but I felt like my training really paid off and I was prepared. I will not be working out so hard anymore, but definitely will still be exrecising. I am excited to do another traithlon, after this baby comes. My amazing husband completed the whole thing in 1 hour and 18 minutes. He did the run (which is after the swim and bike) in 21 minutes. That's awesome!! I am so proud of him and he is such a motivation to me. (it was soooo cold in AZ! I was freezing the whole time!)

So there's a quick catch-up. I will be back with more posts soon, but it's hard right now. I usually do my blogging in the evenings, while the kids are sleeping, but the evenings are the worst for me. I feel like I am just doing the basics right now: being a mom, wife and keeping the house up. Anything else is taking a backseat. Hope your all having a great December!

12 comments:

Heidi said...

Yeah so now I can "OFFICIALLY" say congrats!

And...I didnt know you were running and did a tri! GOOD FOR YOU! That is a HUGE accomplishment. I am proud of you and I am sure all your friends and family are proud. You look great, but then again (as I ALWAYS say) you ALWAYS do!

Tanya Smith said...

That's so awesome Danielle. You are my inspiration! Congrats on the new little one coming...

Ani said...

Dear Skinny Arms,
YAY! I like this post!
I am so proud to be your sister! You have worked so hard, and you look so so good! I wish I could have been there at the finish line to cheer for you!
Can't wait to meet my new niece or nephew!
Love you!

Karen said...

Congratulations on baby 5! Hope you get feeling better soon!
Merry Christmas
Karen

J & J said...

well congrats my friend! i won't lie... ani told me awhile ago but i have kept my mouth shut! i'm very excited for you! and might i say a serious congrats on your weight loss. what an inspiration. i'm due in 4 weeks and all i can think about is getting back to the gym someday. you look AWESOME. good work!

Melissa Marilyn said...

Woo HOO for everything! Love you!

Amber said...

What an accomplishment!And congrats again on your soon to be baby bump. Hope you feel better soon!

brooke said...

Congrats on the pregnancy..I asked your Mom a few weeks ago if you were pregnant bc you hadn't blogged in forever and I remember feeling sick and not caring about life!

ashlee said...

Sooooo glad to hear your doing so great! You look amazing in those pictures...those triathalons are tough and I can't imagine doing it pregnant! Awesome! Also, I can't believe #5 is on the way...I can't wait to hear more about it! By the way...I totally missed getting ahold of you while we were in Cali...that trip went SO fast...but, I really did want to see you, please forgive me.

S. Tallman said...

You are an awesome mother, Danielle. This little baby is so BLESSED to be born into your family. I am so very, very proud of you and all the good you stand for.

queenieweenie said...

Yipeeee! Another baby...that's the best Chrismtas Present EVER!

Jenn S. said...

Danielle - you are just a rockstar you know that? I am so proud of you, so thrilled for you and just so impressed with how you are able to do it *all* - such an inspiration! xoxo