Thursday, September 3, 2009

happy campers

We took our new motorhome for it's maiden voyage a couple weekends ago. We didn't go far- but we didn't need to, we had such a fun weekend together. I am not an "outdoorsy" person- at all- but I could totally get used to this motorhome thing. We had a blast and I really enjoyed being out in nature with my family, but I also really enjoyed my cozy home at night- with it's warm blankets, fans, and bathroom. We're taking it to the beach this weekend for Labor Day and I can't wait! I really think we have opened a new door in our families life- camping!

(Ok Melissa- no negative comments about my camping style- I'm making progress! :-) )

Enjoy the pictures... there's a lot!

On our way out- 2 thumbs up for vacation!!


Movie time- popcorn and M&M's for dessert!

Dinner time- hot dogs, fruit, pasta salad and Pringles- yum!!

Poor Addie- she fell off her scooter and got an ouchy! The boys were so concerned about her.

We took a scooter ride together around the campground- I really got going on the boys scooter- it was fun!
Making brownies to enjoy by the campfire.

The kids making "ice-cream." Did anyone else do this as a kid? I remember doing it all the time with my bike. I can't believe I have kids that are doing this now. Wierd!
Hanging out at the water park- after a fun afternoon in the sun. (part of the campground)

Little game of Tiddlywinks- I bought some toys/games, just for the motorhome. It's fun to bring out some new stuff!


My cute girl with her new scooter. She worked hard to earn it and this was her first time using it.
Breakfast... we used to (and still do) go to Palm Springs every summer for family vacation. When we were kids, my mom would always bring Trix and powdered sugar doughnuts for breakfast. It's kind of a random b-fast, but that combo always reminds me of family vacations- so I brought it for the kids and they were in heaven! Sugar cereal AND doughnuts- yum!! We ate so much junk food on this trip- I had to work out HARD all week- to counteract the damage.

Puzzle time! Maggie came with us and was perfect.
I thought this was so cute- she loves her brothers!


Addie in her cozy little bed. The kids slept SO good!

9 comments:

Amber said...

Thats cool. Id love to get a motorhome. I know the kids would sleep so much better. Looks like you had a great time

Anonymous said...

Such a great way to create memories!

Joanna said...

That is so funny that your kids were "making ice cream" with the bike! We did that as kids, and it makes no sense now! Love the fun memories you are making in your new 2nd home :)

queenieweenie said...

I'm SO jealous. I want a motorhome so badly!!! Looks like you're having fun.

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! I know I've asked you this before, but would you guys please adopt me?!! You have such a fun family. I would love to buy a motorhome and go on adventures. That is my idea of "roughing" it too. Especially with kids. Loved the pictures--my sisters and I used to make "ice cream" too and now my kids do the same thing with their bikes. It is rather random.

We are going to Disneyland next month so we need to make a plan to stop and see you guys. I will get back to you for sure on the dates but right now we are tentatively looking at October 8th, 9th and 10th. We are going to go to the Mickey's Trick-or-Treat party on the 8th or 9th. You should come and meet with us sometime! We might even sneak down to Legoland. Do you still have the same e-mail? TTYS!!

Melissa Marilyn said...

This does look like a super fun trip! I would also like to be adopted into your fun family. I love the picture of Addie posing in her cozy bed-so darling!

Jenn S. said...

so fun! I'm with you - motor home camping is the way to do it! Such wonderful memories!

Chris and Debbie said...

Your motor home looks like so much fun! I think it's perfect for you guys! We had such a blast with you this weekend! Thank you so much for everything! :o)

Melissa Marilyn said...

PLEASE update!!!!!!!!!!!