After putting out the fire, I was able to look a little closer and see that his fan, (it was a really small one because his normal one had died and we hadn't replaced it yet) had fallen from it's spot on the window seal and had fallen directly onto his dog. For some reason, that let off a spark that ignited the dog. Obviously it was highly flammable because it took less than 1 second for the spark to be a full on fire with flames. Once I unplugged the fan and looked at the back, it was obvious what had caused the spark. The cord was coming loose from the actual fan and there were wires exposed. It looks like when it dropped, the cord pulled from the fan and made a spark.
I wanted to record this event so that someday Carter will be able to read about what happened and feel the love his Heavenly Father has for him. So that he will know that he is a son of a Father, who knows his name and knows him personally. And that he will know how thankful his mama is that someone, other than her, is watching out for him every day.